UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Got owned by possum

4/16/07 7:34 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bigD13B
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Apr-07

OK this is from back in 1998.... It just popped into my head so I figured i'd try to amuse the OG. I was walking with three friends through a big empty carpark. About 5 metres away there was a tree, then another 5 metres after that there was this possum just sitting there looking at me. I was bored as fuck so I thought I might scare it for a laugh. I turn to my friends and say "Hey watch this"... So I stick my arms up in the air, start waving them around like a nutcase while screaming, and just start running at the possum.... The possum sits still for a moment.... then just fucking takes off and bolts at me! FUCK! :0 ABORT ABORT! I fucking hit the brakes man! full skidded like in a cartoon! Turned around only to see the backs of my 3 friends who are already bolting away lol... This possum is just bolting at me... And all I can imagine is it running up my leg and and trying to shred me. So i'm running and look behind me only to see it bolt up the tree that was between us....... My friends and I stop running and realise what happened.... then just bust out laughing our stupid asses off. Man I looked like a fucking tard! Talk about a backfire! I'm so glad my friends bolted too cos otherwise i'd have looked even worse! :) "Hey guys watch this" .... *proceeds to get owned by possum*
4/16/07 8:28 AM
walbjj
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and how big was this possum again?
4/16/07 8:37 AM
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol...you do know that possums don't bite?
4/16/07 8:39 AM
bigD13B
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was little.... fucked if I knew they don't bite. I didn't exactly stop to think about it :) That thing seemed to be running at me with bad intent. So I did what any grown man would do.... I turned and ran. Does it make it worse that i'm 6'5" 240? hahaha
4/16/07 8:48 AM
Leigh
759 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it probably wanted a hug
4/16/07 10:18 AM
panic686
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agree with leigh. you prob missed out on the best hug of your life
4/16/07 10:23 AM
ATL Cereal
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it might have been playing. I've heard that possums do that.
4/16/07 10:40 AM
tjmitch
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Apr-07 10:45 AM
might have been a wolverine.
4/16/07 10:58 AM
IDXtreme

Years ago I was coming up stairs to my apartment in the dark. I notice a siloette of a apossum at the top. Its not moving as I get to the top. I swung with my gym bag and smacked it. It tumbled into my ice chest that was standing on its side with the door open. It tipped over on impact trapping it inside. I stuck plant on top and went inside. The next morning a neighbor came to the door. I talked him into opening it. He suspected I was up to something. Unfortunately nothing really happened other than it really stunk. I poured it out and it slowly walked away. I threw away the ice chest.
4/16/07 11:04 AM
Slippy0101

opossums are actually really easy to tame too. There was this one that would always eat my cats food. So I started trying to get closer and closer to it while it ate and eventually I was able to pet it and even pick it up. If their hair didnt feel so nasty I would probably try and get one as a pet.
4/16/07 11:26 AM
BEZERKER

This backfire reminds me of a clip I saw online where some dicks pull up to a drive through take away joint and say "Fire in the hole!" and lob a drink at the dude in the window. The driver then floors it.......while it's in neutral. Cue engine rev and guy in the window looking at them then lobbing a drink of his own in to the car as the driver *finally* gets it in to gear and takes off. Nothing like a practical joke. But there's nothing like one backfiring either.
4/16/07 11:42 AM
Last Don
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude, I don't blame you. They have some nasty looking teeth.
4/16/07 7:42 PM
bigD13B

I live in Australia.... I guess I could try to save face and say our possums are massive rabid snarling beasts.... But no... i'll take my shame like a man *hangs head, hands in OG members card* OK one thing that jumped into my mind when this took off at me was this. Years before this there were bad bushfires here... I remember some dude trying to resque a possum cos the fires were coming... and it fuckjing shredded his hand and arm. In an instant before running it was that memory that I thought of. As far as taming them goes.... I saw one of my friends pet and feed one at his old house a couple of years ago... So I don't doubt they could be tamed.
4/16/07 7:52 PM
angryinch

"I have trouble believing possums are that tame. I saw a show where an old lady had a "monster" in her garage, and the animal control dude came out and it was a possum. That motherfucker snarled and bit at him the whole time." ok, where do you think the term "playing possum" comes from? As the OG's resident possum expert (yes, a while ago I went on a campaign to save the possums in my condo complex and learned more about them than you can possibly imagine), they are not aggressive animals. When scared, they put up a hell of a good show and hiss and bare their teeth, and if cornered they might on occasion snap at you, as will any animal, but usually they will either run away or as is most common, play dead. They are also very smart, possibly smarter than dogs, they don't carry disease, and they actually help keep rodents away. Oh, and they are not rodents. They are marsupials, like kangaroos.
4/16/07 7:53 PM
Nick6742

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5KlEY-kOFE
4/16/07 9:26 PM
bigD13B

Edited: 16-Apr-07 09:30 PM
Hahahaha! I think i'm starting to like possums :) P.S I found the breed of possum that attacked me on youtube..... OK Cat whatever ;)
4/16/07 10:57 PM
Dreamer420
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bezerkers story reminded me of something funny. A year or two ago I was walking down the street in Portland with a couple buddies. I was drinking some kind of red juice drink when a car pulls up and a woman leans out the window and opens fire on us with her squirt gun. Well, her and her 2 guy friends are laughing and were stupid enough to stop the car just after shooting us with water so I ran up to the side of the car. The girl looked at me and yelled. "Oh shit, go, go, go." Too late, I was at the window and I lobbed red juice all over the driver and passenger, not to mention all over the interior of the car just before the peeled out of there never to return. Good times.
4/16/07 11:05 PM
rkjmd

lol My cats harass possums and either tree them or run them out of the area.
4/16/07 11:16 PM
bigD13B

OK then, so if I can take on your cat.... then I can redeem myself and regain my honor! :)
4/16/07 11:19 PM
DoctorLizardo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i used to feed possums, raccoons, foxes, squirrels, and damn near any other forest animal along with my cats and dogs. they really quite easy going once they warm up to you.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.