UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Melvin in Trouble?

4/17/07 11:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighPoint
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Apr-07

I received an email yesterday about Melvin Guilliard getting caught with cocaine in his system.  Can anyone provide any more information?  I don't really care for this guy.  He showed his ass at an event in Ark and proved his attitude is bad for the sport.  If this is true, I hope Dana has the forsight to kick his butt out of there and not let the UFC have the same problems NFL, NBA, MLB, etc all have with athletes & drugs.. 
4/17/07 12:23 PM
hooahfighter

I heard the same thing. And I think that Dana White needs to be smart enough to kick him out. The UFC and MMA as a whole don't need that...
4/17/07 4:32 PM
naturalbornleadr

www.mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm 

this is the thread ^^^^
4/17/07 7:42 PM
too hotty

I'm glad Joe "Daddy" choked him out. He's too cocky and there's no place in MMA for crackheads.
4/17/07 10:15 PM
gripit&ripit

It just seems to me like the younger these fighters get the more crap they bring with them. Look at who has been in trouble lately. Melvin, Diaz, Riggs, Sylvia (well not physically young, but mentally a child). You won't see Couture, Tanner, or Lidell doing stupid stuff like this. UFC needs to make a harsh and swift example of these kinds of guys in hopes of saving face in the sport. The last thing we want is MMA to look like the love child of WWE and Boxing.
4/18/07 9:41 AM
LDMAdoc

Edited: 18-Apr-07
Love child of WWE and boxing...AWESOME!
4/18/07 2:47 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 18-Apr-07

Myself and a few others do not really care for this guy.  Melvin (and his boys) really showed poor attitudes at a BJJ & MMA event last year.  I am a full believer that being a good fighter does not make you a professional fighter.  His mannerism, attitude, and respect towards others is not professional by any definition.  "Popping" for cocaine is a great reason to get rid of Melvin and hopefully his disease / personality will not spread through the upper levels of this sport.  I won't even buy any products Melvin endorses, not that he cares, but I just can't stand the guy.

4/19/07 12:20 AM
hooahfighter

Edited: 19-Apr-07
Essentially what it boils down to is the fact that there's no excuse to piss hot as a professional (or even a non-professional, but that's a whole 'nother thing). Period. You know they're gonna be testing you. If you're gonna do it, be smart about it and take a break for 6 weeks before. That's not to say that you should, but... Drugs are bad. Mmmkay?
4/19/07 1:38 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 19-Apr-07
Good point.  There are definately a few guarantees in life:  Death, Taxes, and Professional athletes getting tested for drugs.  You can't avoid it, but definately learn how to cheat it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.