UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Tournaments

6/12/07 4:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GrendelX
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jun-07
Pinky!! Most of us would love to come visit you. We just all have jobs!
6/12/07 8:37 PM
hooahfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No need to get your panties in a bunch, nobody was shitting in your proverbial water... Like Grendel said, most of us have jobs/unpaid internships that don't allow us the luxury to travel very far to compete. But I hope it all goes well.
6/12/07 8:51 PM
rolijuju
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's just that you guys have made the trip before. We all have jobs. No big deal, we just went to NAGA in ATLANTA and won 5 medals with 5 competitors (4 golds). We'll be in Nashville this weekend, Madisson MS the following weekend and then in Dallas on the 30th. Mean while we have 3 (2 pro)fighters fighting on the same weekend of the madisson tournament and our own fight show and grappling tournament the following month with just a one weekend break that will probably be a seminar. We all have jobs.
6/13/07 7:11 AM
hooahfighter

Edited: 13-Jun-07
I'm glad that you have a job that a)pays you enough and b)has the flexibility to allow you to travel to compete every weekend. Not all of us are so lucky. Myself for example- I bust my ass 30ish hrs a week at an internship that I love, but doesn't pay me a dime. The hours don't allow me to work during the week. So I work 12-14 hour days on Saturdays so I can continue to put gas in my car and pay my bills. Not everyone can be blessed as the $ide with all that time and money.
6/13/07 11:12 AM
rolijuju
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hoohafighter, it's all good. You'll find a happy medium but I'm sure that your not the only grappler on that whole team. As I said, your team has made the trip before so that's not the issue for everyone. We are blessed on the $ide. You should see our place. Best of luck in finding a job you love that doesn't pay like shit. I''m still looking too :) Roli Delgado
6/13/07 5:29 PM
GrendelX
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Next match you guys put on you should let us know early so we can come up.. Keep up the good work kat! If you ever need alittle encouragement you know where to find us :)
6/13/07 6:03 PM
KongDaJuJitsuGuy

That's awsome that you'll let people compete for half price and the tourney is july 14th. That's plenty of time to get something together. However that is a long way to travel, no need to jump asses cuz people can't or don't want to travel that far.
6/13/07 6:38 PM
GrendelX

That will be right after my wedding. If I went they would have to worry about fighting my wife not me :O)
6/13/07 7:32 PM
too hotty

I have 3 kids and have a hard enough time making it to class. Just coming off ACL surgery in Nov. I would love to come I know you guys are high quality BJJ guys. I am going on vacation the week of the 4th. I also just bought 2007 Toyota FJ criuser 4x4.Money is the main reason I can't come.I would like to meet the $ide.I'm sure I could learn lots from you guys.Good luck with the tourney I hope it is a sucess.
6/13/07 8:14 PM
rolijuju

Thats cool guys :) You have to get used to Matt's sense of humor, trust me! I'm
6/13/07 8:15 PM
rolijuju

I'm jealous of the landcruiser. I want one really bad but I'm probably going to get something with better MPG because of my tournaments.
6/13/07 8:33 PM
too hotty

Roli. the FJ is sweet but it does only get 17/21 on gas. I also was in shock when I had to put gas in it the first time. I open the door and it said Premium Unleaded only.Premium is $3.12 here on the Ea$t$ide.I'm just glad I have a company van!!!!
6/13/07 9:39 PM
HighPoint

We are honored you Subzero wants our team to compete and offer entry fee at half price.  There has been talk in class about trying to get out there, but the economy is not doing well with gas & traveling right now.  It is actually getting harder on the wallet to afford traveling alone.  Our team has made the trip to AR in the past and will continue to do so as we are able.  Everyone is bound to see us at more competitions as the team continues to grow.

Congrats for you guys doing so well at NAGA.  I heard it was a great event.

Roli is correct about Matt's humor and it does take some "getting used to".  I can assure most that anything he says is mainly out of humor. {even if he is the only one laughing }

6/13/07 10:13 PM
HighPoint

Scotty - quit driving around in that new Land 'crusher' and get in class.  We have missed having you around lately. 
6/13/07 10:43 PM
too hotty

I haven't been riding around that much. Seriously my wife has been really sick the past 2 weeks missing work several days. It comes and goes.So I have been Mr.Mom the last 2 weeks. She didn't go to work today. If she is better I will be there Thursday night.I've missed seeing you guys
6/14/07 10:43 AM
HighPoint

Edited: 14-Jun-07

I bet it would be hard to drive around that much with gas prices so high.

I hope no appliances have attacked you while playing Mr. Mom.  Looking forward to seeing you in class soon.

6/20/07 1:02 PM
KongDaJuJitsuGuy

Edited: 20-Jun-07
can we get some more ionfo on the southeast grappling classic. there is no location on this tourney. that i can find. July 28th is the date.
6/20/07 2:55 PM
naturalbornleadr

Edited: 20-Jun-07 03:02 PM

the last thing i heard was that it will be in concord at joe hurst academy which is a HUGE academy--10,000 sq ft of training area

i know the name of the place of where his academy is located-- its called GIBSON MILL but i do not know the actual address-- let me call around and see if i can get an actual address

or you can try and contact him through his myspace

http://www.myspace.com/hurstjiujitsu

6/21/07 3:57 PM
naturalbornleadr

Edited: 21-Jun-07
325 McGill St. Concord NC-- is the address of the tournament
6/25/07 9:07 AM
naturalbornleadr

Edited: 25-Jun-07
REGISTRATION: Please bring a signed waiver form with you to the competition. Download the registration form and bring it and your entry fee to the event and pay at the door. Note: The downloaded version of the registration form requires you to have the Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have it, go to the Adobe website and get the free reader. WEIGH-INS: Friday, July 27, 2007 from 5:00 pm until 10:00 pm (Friday's Weigh-Ins will be held at Gibson Mill Event Center) Saturday, July 28, 2007 (Saturday's Weigh-Ins will be held at Gibson Mill Event Center 8am-9:30am) COMPETITION: Gi & No Gi Saturday, July 28, 2007 at 10am (Sharp) PRICING: Men's Gi/ No-Gi - $50 registration fee at the door Women's Gi/ No-Gi - $50 registration fee at the door $10 for each additional division *Grappling bouts will take place on one of six 20'x20' mats. TOURNAMENT RULES: Points will be given as follows- 2 points - Takedown 2 points - Knee-on-belly 2 points - Sweep (from bottom to top) 3 points - Passing the guard 4 points - Mount 4 points - Back mount with hooks in Illegal Techniques and Behavior- There is to be no strikes, hair pulling, ear pulling, head butting, eye gouging, biting, obscene language, obscene gestures. Warnings may be given by the referee. Repeat offenses will lead to disqualification. If any illegal technique or behavior is utilized and leads to a competitor tapping, the competitor that utilized the illegal technique or behavior will be disqualified. Specific Rules on Belts and No-GI- White and blue belt competitors will not be allowed to do any knee bars, twisting ankle locks, or neck cranks. Purple belt competitors and above will not be allowed to use twisting ankle locks or neck cranks; however, knee bars are permitted. No-GI beginner and intermediate competitors will follow the same rules as white and blue belt competitors. Advanced no-GI competitors are allowed to use all submissions. Tie Situations- In the event of a tie match, competitors will fight a two-minute overtime period. If the match is still tied at the end of overtime, it will be the referee's decision based on aggressiveness, technique, and submission attempts. No advantage points will be given at this tournament. TICKETS: Tickets will be available at the door the day of the tournament for $10.00 each. Competitors will be admitted with their registration fees. EVENT LOCATION: Gibson Mill Event Center 325 McGill Street Concord, NC 28025 (Parking along street next to the railroad tracks) HOTEL INFO: Hampton Inn and Suites - Speedway 9850 Weddington Rd Concord, NC 28027 1-800-426-7866 325 McGill Street Concord NC 28025 USA For directions to our location, enter your starting point in the form below and click Get Directions . A new window will open displaying a map with
6/26/07 1:42 AM
PINKsinglet
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jun-07
Ah hell if you train with Snyder and come to SUBzero you can compete for $1.00 We have also invited EVERY known gym in Arkansas that grapples, as well as lots of support from surrounding states. Big up yourself NC
6/26/07 5:55 AM
hooahfighter

you sound desperate for us to compete in your tourney...
6/26/07 8:54 AM
PINKsinglet
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nope not desperate, just going out of my way to be friendly is all
6/26/07 10:18 AM
HighPoint

naturalbornleadr:  please let us know when registration forms will be available.
6/26/07 10:22 AM
HighPoint

Matt:  I've told our guys about the event.  Hell, it's seems hard enough to afford gas just to go down to Charlotte (90 miles).  We will do what we can.  I, unfortunately, will not be able to come because I will be in Las Vegas on vacation.  I know it's a tough decision - Little Rock or Vegas - hmmmm.....It sounds like you guys are doing this regularly - keep us informed of future events.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.