UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Tony Blauer Visits South Jersey

4/21/07 11:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BudoBoys
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Apr-07

After attending PDR 15 over a week ago I felt compelled to share with everyone my ex-SPEAR-ience which started last July of 2006. First off, Thank you Coach Blauer for changing the lives of my students, friends and family members! After experiencing my first PDR instructor development course at PDR 14 in November of 2006 I thought my mind was going to explode with not only the tremendous amount of knowledge obtained but with the excitement of finding the missing pieces to real personal defense training and teaching. We knew immediately that the BTS FAmily was where we belonged. Seeing the undeniable value of the SPEAR system and the integrity of Coach Blauer and his staff was all we needed to take action and schedule a PDR seminar featuring Tony Blauer. We hosted the seminar March 25th and all I need is one word to describe the experience: SUCCESS! We had about 50 in attendance with a mixture of martial art students, LEO, parents and correctional officers. It was truly a learning experience to watch Coach Blauer motivate and educate such a diverse group. Through the amount of positive feedback and profit we received I would have to say that this may become an annual event for my school:) As I sit here waiting for the dust to settle from the explosion of intellectual capital that I have experienced over the past 8 months I can only suggest to anyone reading this post to take advantage of any opportunity you may have to train with Coaches Blauer, Torres, Tom, and Dana. If you are already apart of the PDR Team and would like to find out how to host a seminar featuring Tony Blauer or one of the Elite BTS Coaches feel free to post your questions. Thanks again Coach Blauer, Aka Keakahiwalani Landschoot President/Sensei Budo Full Range Martial Arts, Inc.
4/22/07 8:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BudoBoys
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Apr-07
Here's some awesome feedback on the seminar.... Dear Sensei Carlo and Sensei Aka, For over three years I have trained under both of you and have enjoyed every minute of it. Through exhaustion, and sometimes pain, I have succeeded and continued to grow. Since I started I have felt that the area of self defense has always been a challenge for me. I would always try too hard to make a technique perfect. There are times where I have wondered how I would react in a real situation. Would I freeze and not be able to do anything? Would I have the guts to actually use what I have been training to do? Once you started incorporating the S.P.E.A.R. system and the PDR training into your program I began to feel better about using my training in a real life situation. However, after attending the PDR seminar with Coach Blauer everything clicked. The SPEAR system gives me a bridge from an initial attack to using all the techniques I have learned at Budo. Through listening to Coach Blauer talk and doing the spear drills I realized that it doesn?t matter if I can do a technique perfectly. What matters is whether or not I am willing to fight for my life. I think that some people get caught up in how to do something and don?t ask themselves why they are doing something. The PDR seminar has opened my eyes as to why I am here and has increased my confidence. Thank you for having the will to always be better. If the two of you had not gone out to learn new things and see what else was out there, and brought it back to us, we may have never discovered such an awesome system that will help all of your students, myself included. Thank you, Heather Bitto

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.