DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> DOCTOR ATTENDS SPEAR SYSTEM COURSE

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

4/22/07 1:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Apr-07
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.

THIS LETTER WAS SENT TO US FROM DR. SMITH POST SESSION: -- Tony, Thanks for the opportunity to spend the week studying combatives with you in North Carolina. It was one of the most stimulating and thought provoking weeks of study that I have had in a long time. The SPEAR system is effective because it focuses the instinctive response into a useful combative weapon. Knowledge without purpose is little more than "bubblegum" for the mind. The SPEAR system invites the operator to use his mind as a weapon, first in control of his body and then to overcome the threat. The use of strikes, that are anatomically and physiologically instinctive, allow this system to be effective even when executed in less than a 100%, balanced, textbook fashion. Thus with minimal experience the system can be used to gain the tactical advantage over the adversary even when suboptimally executed. By integrating real world scenarios with progressive drills, we were able to see how this system can bridge to other weapon systems in a seamless and lightning fast integration. It was intellectually stimulating to watch how this whole system integrates pragmatic anatomical and physiological attributes to enhance survivability. There is no better model to amplify than that which has helped humans survive for centuries. The SPEAR system does just that. By amplifying what we do naturally, it accelerates the operator into a more functional weapon system himself, thereby increasing not only his survivability but also his lethality as a combatant. As a physician who takes care of operators on a daily basis, I was especially impressed with the lack of training injuries during this week of training. I have been in other groups that trained with a supposedly less "aggressive" style, and the related injuries were significantly higher. The potential for injury was present, but the instructions and techniques were such that maneuvers, which could produce injury to the "bad guy", did not. I find that this is a reflection of the instructors' communicative ability more than the capability of the operators to follow instructions. Additionally, I was impressed with the sophistication and validity of the arguments for the system. The SPEAR system is not based on the precise execution of an esoteric theory. Its foundation is the physiology that has provided for the survival of the human species which is its greatest strength. It hones fighting instinct, and operators who sharpen this instinctive skill, increase their likelihood of survival when effective reaction is critical to life. From the cerebral discussions of emotional influence on the startle flinch response, to the descriptions of the schaphoid bone of the wrist, I came away from this week a better fighter both intellectually and physically. The SPEAR system of combatives is quick to learn, logical in progression and lethal in application. For those of us that fight for the life of others and self, nothing will replace its tempered and intellectual integration of combative anatomical physiology. It just makes sense. Thanks for a great week. Sincerely, Robert C Smith, MD Medical Director Direct Action Medical Network Alexandria Louisiana

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.