UnderGround Forums

Hunting & Fishing Ground >> So how was everyone's opening day?

4/22/07 2:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cain Marko
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Apr-07

My friend and I were on the Farmington (Connecticut) River yesterday at 6:00 am which marks the opening day for fishing (angling) this season. In 10 hours and in 4 different spots (river and ponds)we caught 4 rainbow trout and 2 brown trout, all in the 2-6 lb. range. We did not know how much success we'd have as the rivers here are flooded (3-5 feet above flood stage)and the fish were swept away in many areas. I'm already looking for different trout recipes on the internet as trout can be quite tasty. Anyone else have any opening day fishing stories they can share? Thanks in advance.
4/25/07 10:48 AM
Cain Marko

Edited: 25-Apr-07
NEDCMK1, We were casting. I'm just getting into the sport as in the past I've never much had the patience to fish. But with the good company of friends, nice weather and a few cold brews, it can be very peaceful and relaxing. It's also a good meal as I like fish, especially trout. I am always more motivated to fish longer when the fish are actually biting; go figure.
4/25/07 10:50 PM
Bob Sacamano

Edited: 25-Apr-07
theres no season here. you fish whenever you want
4/30/07 2:27 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Apr-07

Crappie are starting to bite,not as good as in Feb

southern Illinois

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.