UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> anyone got a Ford Freestar LTD?

4/23/07 11:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
lelo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Apr-07

bought one about three weeks ago and it wasn't a bad deal at all. van has 23k miles so it's fairly new (2004). the only thing that really pisses me off is the gas consumption. i swear it's around 12mpg. is this normal? the digital reading says 17 mpg, but i know that's bullshit. is there a way to improve the gas mileage on it? someone at work said i can have the chip reflash and supposedly help the mileage. help!
5/4/07 8:16 PM
Atecexa

Edited: 04-May-07
when you get to a long downhill put in in N and kill the motor, you can do this when youre approaching a light that you know is red too this is great especially when youre in traffic moving downhill
5/5/07 8:56 AM
lelo

Edited: 05-May-07
the fuck are you mumblin' about???
5/12/07 8:15 PM
CaptainXanax
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-May-07
Those cars don't get the most spectacular gas mileage to begin with. But maybe there is a computer reflash from the factory for the engine management. Check with the service advisor at your local dealership. Otherwise, make sure the car is in good tune... i.e. has a clean air filter, good plugs and wires, good fuel filter, and check that the tires are aired up to the proper pressure. I looked for Freestar TSB's and recalls, and nothing stands out for mileage.
5/14/07 1:23 PM
Atecexa

Edited: 14-May-07
when you are in a rolling or non moving situation put the car in neutral and kill the motor

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.