UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Affordable BJJ in Raleigh

4/26/07 2:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whippersnapper13
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Apr-07

Looking for affordable BJJ in Raleigh. I have been to crossfitnc and cannot even begin to afford their prices. I have a background in judo, competed collegiately and nationally. Mauy Thai for 2+ yrs, and have been doing bjj off and on for aboot 2+yrs. I work 2 jobs and just had a child. Looking to roll maybe twice a week and on weekends. thanks
4/28/07 10:29 AM
Baldilocks

Edited: 28-Apr-07
You get what you pay for. You aren't going to find as good of instruction in Raleigh anywhere else. You can check out RIMA (Raleigh INstitute of Martial Arts). I think they are about $75 per month.
4/28/07 5:26 PM
Shoggoth

How much was CrossfitNC?
4/28/07 10:04 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cross fit isnt that expensive, But I could see it being steep for only being able to roll twice a week. Did you by chance ask Jason if you could get a price break for training on a less frequent schedule. If you are good at Judo that could also be a way to chapen your rates too, they have guys compete in the Gi alot and a little Judo training MIGHT be something that he would be open to. But I really dont know. And like the folks above said, you get what you pay for, and that's a damned nice gym.
4/29/07 4:04 PM
Baldilocks

Edited: 29-Apr-07
I think it's $105 but don't hold me to that.
4/29/07 4:17 PM
whippersnapper13

Edited: 29-Apr-07
Crossfit is about 100 bux per month, 25 more if you want to do more than one class, crossfit, bjj, boxing. With a background in judo I have found that not too many people like to get thrown or in bjj, know how to fall properly. Some instructors rarely teach throws for a tournament or teach take downs, which are nice but it is rare that someone actually knows how to land. Not too many people are open to judo throws. Do bjj tournaments start out on the knees? I have worked out at nbs gym in raleigh, nice place and great instructors for thai and boxing, just no bjj.
5/1/07 3:58 PM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-May-07
Crossfit has at least 6 guys who fight MMA, I daresay each and every one of them would be very interested in learning any sort of takedown. Their BJJ guys would also be open I am sure. They have had a couple very good judo guys and Greco wrestlers train with them and help alot of the guy's overall game. People can learn how to land in short order, what they dont like is someone slamming the air/life out of them and telling them they dont know how to land. But Again, you would have to ask Jason if he could work with someone who has a bit to offer. But they are hands down the best group of BJJ/MMa guys in the triangle.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.