UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> ISR Matrix query

5/8/07 5:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kickboxingbrit
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-May-07

Hi, Having recently developed an interest in self defense I rewatched the Clinch for Self Defense DVD of 'The Berkeley Seminar' set. I liked the simplicity of, and the entry to, the pike and underhook control position. The only thing not covered there was if the attacker reaches for his own knife or other weapon with his non-underhooked arm. Is there a solution to this? I've played round a bit with it but can't come up with anything myself I'm afraid. Thanks, Andy.
5/8/07 11:00 PM
FJJ828
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-May-07
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
I think they may have something designed for that particular scenario....:) as well as some traumatic follow-ups.
5/9/07 8:04 AM
Luis Gutierrez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-May-07
Andy, Yes we do and work that specifically through drills designed to look for and monitoring that. All the weapon oriented material from either side are taught only within courses though. Its something we decided to do early on and I still agree with. -Luis

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.