UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> honest opinion on dogfighting?

5/18/07 9:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tourist
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-May-07
I had a boxer puppy stolen when I lived in Baton Rouge. The cops figured it was stolen by a "dogman" in order to bait a pit-bull to develop its "gameness". Dogmen deserve long prison sentences in my opinion.
5/18/07 9:55 AM
stlnl2
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"The cops figured it was stolen by a "dogman" in order to bait a pit-bull to develop its "gameness"." Again I hate to be anywhere near the side of the dogfighters, but it was almost for sure one of the trash idiots involved in that culture that thinks a Pit bull needs to be trained to attack a threat. A dog is generally game or isnt, getting them fit and having them spar with muzzles tells a trainer a whole lot more about whether the dog is ready to fight than chomping puppies. Also since alot of the scuzz who call themselves dogmen are borderline room temperature IQ's they probably thought you boxer was a pit (some boxers as puppies are just close enough in appearance that a tool wont know better) and stole it to make dat money. The "responsible" people involved in dog fighting do something that is IMHO felonious, but the scumbags who are the ignorant, make shit up as they go sort are (bait animals, use dog to guard crack houses, etc.) should be taken out of the breeding chain.
5/18/07 2:36 PM
shootfightermike
972 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

a dogman steals my dogs and uses them for bait? death penalty!
5/18/07 2:44 PM
Atilda
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

People who fight dogs are complete and utter scum, and yes I would say it to their faces. scum
5/18/07 4:59 PM
stuka
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Throw away the key.
5/18/07 7:59 PM
smileythai

Edited: 18-May-07 09:04 PM
"you dont know what fastlane means. How can a dog be trained to bite someone and be fastlane? Fastlane refers to top notch competition, man eaters are not even shown, so they cannot be fastlane" *sigh* You're confusing unprovoked aggression with protective instincts. A 'maneater' by definition, is unstable, so it should be culled whether it's a gamedog or protection dog. It cannot perform the Work. What you fail to see are the similarities shared in both the pit box and the Work. Both require that a dog must be stable and confident in all situations. Neither will permit a dog to react negatively to distractions and stress. A dog that will try to intimidate by raising hackles and showing teeth is a quitter, and the dog that will bite a non-threatening man is unstable. These are unacceptable behavior traits in both activites. So, you'd be well served not to listen to 99% of people who claim to know about protection dogs and training. Again, the way in which 'gameness' is applied to the Work is by transfering focus from the box, onto whatever activity you wish to do. This is done through stabilization, obedience, and forging a bond between dog and handler. I've described this process several times alreayd in other threads, so I'm sure I don't have to explain it again this time, do I? And what about Chinaman? Wasn't he both a manbiter and one of the best dogs in the box?
5/20/07 1:45 PM
smileythai

Edited: 20-May-07
I was reading an account of Gr. Ch. Zebo ROM the other day and came across something peculiar: "The old dog had become as one of the family and would protect his owner with his life. Mr. Hughes said Zebo wouldn?t bother anyone unless they went to shake hands or slap him on the shoulder or something like that, then he would have to grab Zebo quick or someone would get bit. They tell the story of how Mr. Hughes was driving back from a trip and got road weary and sleepy. He pulled over and laid down in the seat of the car to rest, knowing Zebo would protect him while he slept." And this was a dog that went uphill against one of the best 44lbs dogs of his time, Ch. Greaser. Interesting, wouldn't you say?
5/21/07 11:05 AM
smileythai

Edited: 21-May-07
ttt
5/21/07 8:56 PM
smileythai

Edited: 21-May-07 09:00 PM
A very interesting article by Gary Hammonds. "Through the years, the Man Biters, have been of special interest to me since, in theory, most are not supossed to be game. Simple observation tells me there are as many game man biters(percentage wise) as there are game dogs in the Pit Bull family.Most of the old-timers felt the man biters should be destroyed and most defenitely never used in a breeding program. I believe a deeper look into these dogs to be a worthwhile projekt.Through my research and observation, I have concluded that there are several types of man biters, each of wich deserves recognition and comment. The most acceptable of the man biters are those that are both protective and territorial.Most bulldogs have this trait to varying degrees and the beauty of it is that it can be encouraged or discouraged depending on the needs of the owner.These dogs are usually the more intelligent bulldogs and while they are generally gentle with people, will become a terror to the suspicious intruder and literally inhale a direct threat to its master or his property. The second most acceptable man biter is the territorial junk yard dog.This dog gladly accepts its owners but all others are not welcome in its domain. Off his own property,he is not nearly so aggressive except when challenged directly.These dogs are not for the novice but can be kept and are definitely a deterrent to dog thieves and various riffraff.The last acceptable type is the junk yard dog that will bite anyone anytime, just for the fun of it.Many of these dogs actually have to have their feed chucked to them even by their owners.These dogs are for the professional only, and most are probably good candidates for execution. There is also the excitable dog that will bite you to get loose and get another dog,cat,horse or whatever. These dogs are defenitely not for the amateur and should be kept from these types of situations as much as possible. Bullyson,Andersons CH Spade and Mesquite Sam were dogs of this type.To me the most dangerous is the latent man biter that just goes bad without provocation. These dogs should always be destroyed as their unpredictability makes them an extremely lethal commodity. This recessive tendency surfaces in other breeds so why should the Pit Bull be any differend? The percentage of malicious man biters in the Pit Bull family is extremely low. I believe that through the use of proper breeding methods we can even lower this. Most of the attacks that are given so much,,news media,, coverage are generally made by dogs of no breeding. Check the records---in most cases where a bulldog mauls or kills someone, they are dogs that were bred by the amateur breeder and usually backed by several generations of scatter-bred individuals,most of wich are equally bred badly. So in many cases the breeder is at fault and in all but a few instances, human error enters into the mishap. There is much to be said about the man biters but for the sake of good judgement, everyone who owns one, just like all Pit Bull owners, should be very conscientious. Just one case of carelessness could mean a law against the breed in your area and turn puplic support from ouer dogs. That is exactly what we do not need at this point in time. Man biters--keep one if you must,but take care if you do."
5/21/07 9:22 PM
MENTO WTF
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dog fighting is pretty messed up because they don't have the choices that people do when fighting. Forcing someone or something to fight is just plain screwed up.
5/21/07 9:41 PM
jettdogg

I agree 100% with Atilda. You have to be a mental midget to be into dog fighting in any way. The dogs are probably smarter.
5/21/07 10:23 PM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-May-07 10:36 PM
if you've ever owned a pitbull or american staff you'd know how affectionate they are, they can be the most loving and loyal friends you could ever have. i miss both of mine every day.
5/22/07 9:35 AM
smileythai

Edited: 22-May-07
ttt
5/22/07 11:36 AM
smileythai

Edited: 22-May-07
^lol. I didn't even notice Branden's lastname.
5/23/07 10:05 AM
smileythai

Edited: 23-May-07
ttt
5/23/07 10:18 AM
mmacburt

In Louisiana we have Cock fighting rings and cockfights. They don't let them fight to the death but that is part of our cajun culture. But we do not promote or particpate in dog fights so I have no opinion.
5/23/07 10:34 AM
WISEGUY66
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use to own pit bulls and they are probably the best dogs out there. Some things I can point out if anyone came into my house and tried to touch my son when he was a one year old you would of lost a leg or an arm because my pit bull was over protective of him. Being responsible if any nonfamily members came to my house I locked her up. As for the people that say dogs are forced to fight I also know if she got loose the first thing she would do is attack another dog. She didn't bother anyone outside but hated other dogs. Once again I wouldn't let her do this but she would look for a fight.
5/23/07 10:38 AM
thenino
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-07 12:02 PM
"To anyone who says pitbulls are forced to fight,common sense says if that was the case we would force another breed to fight,as its completely up to us,i mean if we can force a pitbull who doesnt want to fight,to fight,then why not force poodles to fight? Well because common sense says they wont,because theyre not genetically inclined to enjoy it,which means pitbulls arent being forced to fight." i disagree, actually poodles are part of the terrier family which is the breed that pit bulls are, you obviously don't know a damn thing about dogs, if you starved a poodle and threw food in with another dog you don't think that poodle would fight for it.? get a clue. in the real world if you left the dogs alone they would fall into a hierarchy,the pack mentality, not fight to the death .
5/23/07 10:47 AM
WISEGUY66
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ If you have any experience with pit bulls espeacially game breed ones there is no submitting to a hierarchy in them. Brandon Garner a couple of my favorite APBT I owned had Chinamen blood in them.
5/23/07 10:51 AM
thenino

Edited: 23-May-07 11:03 AM
then you have an anti social alpha.YOU must break your dog of that trait. to say that your dog wouldn't fall into a pack then you're one of the owners that doesn't have a clue. lol @ you thinking your dog biting people for getting too close to your kid is a good thing. you need to be the alpha and break him of that habit, or else you are the bitch in that pack...seriously man, get a clue, it's people like you that give the breed a bad name. and if your kid needs that kind of protection then either A. move out of the projects or B. protect your kid yourself.
5/23/07 11:05 AM
WISEGUY66

Edited: 23-May-07 11:10 AM
I had pit bulls for a little less then 20 years. I know the breed well and spoke with many breeders that know more then most people. How many pit bulls have you had? I also stated game breed pit bulls not the pet bulls that I believe causes most of the news stories. I had dogs that were down from game breed lines that were great with people except for the fact they were not good around other animals. I also had some pet bulls that the breeders breed because they had a big head or cool color I found these to be more people aggresive and unstable. If you read up on pit bull history the breed been in this country roughly since the civil war times and were fought in this country since. You probably didn't hear of the breed until the 80's when bikers and drug dealers started owning them. This is when everything went downhill for the breed.
5/23/07 11:24 AM
thenino

Edited: 23-May-07 11:31 AM
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/elnino_photos/terrabackyard.jpg http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/elnino_photos/s-circa1993.jpg
5/23/07 11:37 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-07 11:44 AM
Some scumbag mother f#cker on this thread. No surprise. ...and LOL @ the inbred RETARD logic about letting pits fight because "they want to". Yeah, my pit wants to eat up all my furniture and run out the front door. She also wants to eat poisonous toads in the backyard and eat my pet reptiles. Doesn't mean ANY of that is a good idea. The dog has no real concept of what kind of permanent, potentially deadly injury in can receive from fighting another pit. Like a child, the pit doesn't know any better. That's where an intelligent, responsible adult comes in to make the right choices. DUH !!!
5/23/07 11:44 AM
thenino

Edited: 23-May-07 11:57 AM
thanks canuck, beautiful and well behaved! last year my home insurance got cancelled because i own pitbulls, even though they lived in this house for a decade incident free. my mailman loves my dogs, what does that tell you about their demeanor .i get heated when this subject comes up because irresponsible owners are making it harder to own these dogs.
5/23/07 12:37 PM
thenino

Edited: 23-May-07 03:55 PM
.ignorant assholes who don't know shit about anything are unpredictable by nature and can spew diarhea from their mouth at any time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.