UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> honest opinion on dogfighting?

7/24/07 5:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigBopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jul-07 05:45 PM
"if you are raising animals for food(a basic human need)" Eating meat isn't a basic human need; it's entertainment for your taste buds. Besides, the meat industry is incredibly cruel. Most dogs trained to fight live a much better life than animals raised on a factory farm for slaughter. [Edit: Hakeem, go back and read page 8 of this thread.]
7/24/07 7:24 PM
shootfightermike
957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jul-07
act i think smokin guns is right on. i have seen many a homeless person with a scraggly dog that looks upon them with nothing but adoration and love. dogs rule!
7/24/07 7:28 PM
Mathew Battle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had no idea gays were so involved in every aspect of dogfighting. LOL @ the fact that the most grave insult on this forum is calling an act or individual "gay" or a "faggot." Newsflash, gays and faggots are cooler than anyone who enjoys or promotes dogfighting.
7/24/07 8:02 PM
StretchPlum

Edited: 24-Jul-07 08:17 PM
Anyone involved in dogfighting is a worthless, low class,ignorant piece of shit. Low intelligence is a prime characteristic. Vick is scum. I would much rather kill the participants than the dogs. Same with tormenting a bull---love it when they get gored. Love it when hunters shoot each other. Also love eating meat----no connection to the above. Smokin' Guns---great post, man Is there a reason people are calling it a redneck activity? Got your demographics mixed up.
7/24/07 8:18 PM
shootfightermike
957 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol matt battle!
7/24/07 8:31 PM
Mathew Battle

It's true though. Would who would you rather spend a non-sexual, platonic evening out on the town with? Jethro and Wiggum, who will share thier mooshine and meth with you and while racing down to the trailer park dogpit in thier El Camino, farting and scratching thier asses the whole time and dropping racial slurs or.... Bruce and Jason, who will meet you at the local martini bar and chill for a few drinks before they go shopping at IKEA. I'm just saying, there are more disgusting things in life than fags. Dogfighting ethusiaists would be one.
7/24/07 8:47 PM
Smokin'Guns

I feel the same way about "BullFighting" They got some faggot ass little "Matordor" than sticks a lot of swords into the bull while cohorsing him with a red cape, prolonging the bulls suffering and death....... However, when the Bull puts a move on the Matador and begins to tear his little ass to shreads, about 15 other little faggots come running out there to save him. I call COWARD. And all the other cowards sitting up in the stadium on their lazy asses cheering it all on. If it's a "Fight" well then let it be a "FIGHT"!!!!!! Do NOT interfere if the Bull gets the upper hand.
7/24/07 8:51 PM
Mathew Battle

lol @ bullfighting. lol @ fighting an animal for no reason. Even if it is unfair and stacked in the "man"s favor, who whould get in the ring with a crazed beast? And why is it cool to watch someone slay a stupid animal that everyonr knows is going to die anyway?
7/24/07 9:04 PM
BigBopper
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"And why is it cool to watch someone slay a stupid animal that everyonr knows is going to die anyway?" Kind of like the three fights between Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock? Anyway, kudos to Matt Battle for speaking out against the rampant homophobia on the UG. Everyone knows that dognuthugging is gayer than dogfighting. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
7/24/07 9:06 PM
BigBopper

"Also love eating meat" StretchPlum, how can you justify that? Are dogs more worthy of life than pigs? Is factory farming any less cruel than dogfighting?
7/24/07 9:09 PM
BigBopper

"Even IF eating meat was morally wrong is has NOTHING to do with the morality of dogfighting." Why not? Give me an argument, don't just make empty assertions.
7/24/07 9:10 PM
Mathew Battle

Fighter bash Bigbopper? Dogfighting is fucking lame. Who could enjoy that cruel and heartless spectacle. It is different from obtaining food. It is different that hunting. It is just different. If that makes me a dognuthugger than so be it.
7/24/07 9:19 PM
BigBopper

"Why not? They're two distinct arguments. Why don't you demonstrate the necessary connection between the two?" You obviously haven't read through this thread. Here are the connections: 1. People oppose dogfighting because they say it's cruel. Yet, they eat meat, and most livestock are treated far more cruelly than fighting dogs over the span of their lives (see page eight of this thread). 2. People oppose dogfighting because they say it's mere entertainment. Yet, people eat meat not because it's necessary (since beans and nuts would suffice), but because it's tasty -- i.e., it's a form of entertainment. It's impossible for a morally consistent person to both eat factory-farmed meat and oppose dogfighting. That's the connection.
7/24/07 9:23 PM
BigBopper

Edited: 24-Jul-07 09:31 PM
"Dogfighting is fucking lame. Who could enjoy that cruel and heartless spectacle. It is different from obtaining food. It is different that hunting. It is just different." See, you've completely given up on making a logical argument. You're reduced to pure assertion. Why not just give up and admit you're a hypocrite? You inflict enormous cruelty on animals.
7/24/07 9:27 PM
BigBopper

Edited: 24-Jul-07 09:45 PM
"Is the argument about moral consistency or the morality of dogfighting? Pointing out hypocrisy does not further the argument in the least." Most people believe that eating meat is morally permissible. If eating [* factory-farmed] meat is morally permissible, so is dogfighting, for the reasons I explained. Logic is all about consistency. If you accept the premise, and the argument is valid, you must accept the conclusion. So yes, in that sense, hypocrisy matters to the morality of dogfighting. [* Edited for clarity, in response to YC's objection.]
7/24/07 9:30 PM
BigBopper

In other words: Don't blame people for doing unto dogs what you do unto pigs.
7/24/07 9:31 PM
BigBopper

"Your two reasons that people give opposing dogfighting do not exhaust the possibilities." Okay then, what are the other possibilities? Now the burden is on you.
7/24/07 9:41 PM
BigBopper

"Not necessary, for one can posit a situation in which someone who raises their own livestock humanely makes the argument. In this case, the morality of dogfighting is disengaged from the argument regarding the cruelty of factory farming." Agreed, but that's a special case. Most people here both oppose dogfighting and eat factory-farmed meat. Furthermore, you haven't opened up a new possibility, which you earlier suggested you would. So my position still holds true for the vast majority of the population.
7/24/07 10:13 PM
BigBopper

Edited: 24-Jul-07 10:18 PM
"Your suggestion is that dogfighting ishould be considered moral for those people who eat meat, but of questionable morality for those people who raise their own or do not eat meat at all. Is this the argument you want to make?" My only point is that dogfighting and eating factory-farmed meat are either BOTH MORAL or BOTH IMMORAL. People who oppose one but support the other are being illogical, and therefore are in no position to make a claim about morality of EITHER, since the two are so closely connected by the issue of animal cruelty. I don't believe that it's possible to prove the existence of absolute standards of morality. But I do think that moral claims, whatever their origin, should be consistent. Thus, people shouldn't condemn dogfighting (which is a teeny tiny issue in the US) if they're eating factory-farmed meat (which is an enormous issue in the US). If you're a vegetarian and an opponent of dogfighting, I have no problem with you.
7/24/07 10:15 PM
demandango
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"No. My only point is that dogfighting and eating factory-farmed meat are either BOTH MORAL or BOTH IMMORAL." this so ridiculous that i am surprised you can turn on a computer.
7/24/07 10:19 PM
BigBopper

^^^ Good argument!
7/24/07 10:21 PM
BigBopper

"I'm removing myself from this argument now." So you admit I'm right. Good job.
7/24/07 10:24 PM
Mathew Battle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT3zrs4xR8M I think this settles it ^^^^^
7/24/07 10:40 PM
BigBopper

LOL... I like how he keeps calling it "cannibalistic."
7/24/07 10:41 PM
Mathew Battle

I know, that is not really the best word one would think.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.