UnderGround Forums

PoliticalGround >> Ron Paul for President 2008!

11/5/07 12:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fightcity
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-07
I am voting for Ron Paul. Go to Youtube and do a search on Ron Paul there are some great vidoe clips of him kicking ass in the debates and spankings some of the talking heads on TV programs. he is the only one worth voting for!
11/5/07 2:07 PM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-07
Check the website donations are going through the roof today! http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_extended_total.html
11/12/07 10:26 AM
FudoMyoo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-07
Before I thought Ron Paul was a libertarian (neither democrat or rebublican), but is he indeed a republican?
11/12/07 10:48 AM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-07
yes
11/15/07 12:31 AM
KROYER

Edited: 15-Nov-07
no f'ing way, the guy is a dipshit
11/15/07 5:30 AM
Cryptic
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ voted for Bush....TWICE!
11/15/07 6:19 PM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently KROYER's definition of dipshit = "Anyone who's not a trotskyist big-government stooge like Giuliani, Romney, or McCain"
11/15/07 7:36 PM
KROYER

yes i voted for bush and no i don't agree with him on all issues, but i certainly would of never voted for gore or kerry. and no i'm not for big government.
11/16/07 11:40 PM
Cryptic

Edited: 17-Nov-07 01:40 PM
lol @ you so predictable...voted for Bush and still hasn't learned.
11/19/07 6:25 PM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 19-Nov-07 06:29 PM
I agree with Ron Paul on many issues, but this article made me think again if he is such a good guy after all.

There is one thing that disturbs me more then the others..:

Ron Paul is inconsistent. Though he calls himself a man of principle and is apparently admired as such by his ardent fans, his principles seem somewhat elastic. He rails against the Bush administration for its supposed assault on civil liberties, yet when he was asked at one of the debates whether Scooter Libby deserved a pardon, he said no. "He doesn't deserve one because he was instrumental in leading the Congress and the people to support a war that we didn't need to be in." Notice that he didn't say it was because Libby was guilty of committing a crime. No, because Libby argued for a policy with which Paul disagreed, he deserved to serve time in prison. Ron Paul, the libertarian, who presumably values liberty above all, is willing to deprive someone else of his because of a policy disagreement?
11/19/07 7:31 PM
Buddhadev

Edited: 19-Nov-07
Mona Charen isn't going to be objective about Ron Paul. She's one of the biggest neocon cheerleaders for open borders and endless interventionism. That being said, the logic of her argument in the quoted section is very tortured. Dr. Paul isn't talking about whether or not Scooter Libby's CONVICTION should be influenced by his policy views, but whether his PARDON should be. Given that Presidential pardon's aren't a manner of civil or criminal procedure, but exist outside them, it's very reasonable to state that someone like Libby doesn't deserve one because of his political actions which have made the country worse off. Her logic is just idiotic. She reaches a KROYER level of stupidity. No one has a "right" to a pardon and as such expressing an opinion about someone not deserving one doesn't have any implications at all about civil liberty as a political principle.
11/22/07 6:04 PM
MrMichaelz

Edited: 22-Nov-07
Regadless of your party please support Dr. Paul because he is OUR LAST chance as a free country. ttt
11/22/07 9:49 PM
MrMichaelz

Edited: 22-Nov-07
the word about Ron Paul needs to be spread to everyone.. I dought the media will support him the way they will a dem/rep candidate. He can be president.. and IMO this needs to become a reality for citizens of the US to be proud once again.
11/25/07 1:09 AM
Cryptic

Edited: 25-Nov-07
Hey if any of you guys are from West Virginia we are in a dead heat race for delegates right now! If you want Dr. Paul to win we have to fill these spots before the competition does. We only have a few days left to do this!
11/25/07 1:07 PM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 25-Nov-07
Ok, that distinction between a pardon and a conviction makes sense. But still I wonder how a libertarian can be bothered by open borders?
11/25/07 1:13 PM
Buddhadev

Edited: 25-Nov-07 01:22 PM
I can't really speak for libertarians since I haven't really considered myself one for at least the last four years, but if I could hazard a guess, it's this: Ron Paul is a minarchist libertarian, not an anarchist/anarcho-capitalist one (e.g., Murray Rothbard, et. al.). As such, he sees having a secure border as being inherent to maintaining the integrity of even the concept of having a nation. A nation without a border is, obviously, not really a nation at all. There's also the practical element of how most of recent America's immigrants will vote for big government, identity politics, generous social services, and the welfare state. I could explain why *I'm* against open borders, but I'm coming at it from a slightly different ideology than Ron Paul, so it wouldn't help.
12/5/07 5:02 PM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 05-Dec-07
"I can't really speak for libertarians since I haven't really considered myself one for at least the last four years, but if I could hazard a guess, it's this: Ron Paul is a minarchist libertarian, not an anarchist/anarcho-capitalist one (e.g., Murray Rothbard, et. al.)."

actually a minarchist shouldn´t have a problem with open borders either. What seperates anarchocapitalists from minarchists is that the former whants a monopoly on justice and police, while the latter doesn´t.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.