UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Tevez: yours for £40m

5/17/07 10:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-May-07

West Ham United have been told they can buy Carlos Tevez outright - for a fee in the region of £40m.

That is according to the Daily Mail, who spoke with Tevez's agent/owner Kia Joorabchian last night.

Joorabchian - who lost out in the race for United to Eggert Magnuson's Icelandic consortium last November - also revealed that recent reports of bids for Tevez from one or two European giants were false.

"We haven’t held talks with any club, contrary to what you might have read," he said. "This morning it was Inter Milan, the other day it was Real Madrid - but these stories are the work of fiction.

"West Ham's board have to decide what their intentions are. Maybe they will think they want Carlos and build around him - or maybe they will think that they can buy four or five great players for the money instead.

"[Carlos] has a great affection for the club — and the supporters. The decision on his future is his. He has been very happy there."

Joorabchian also confirmed that Tevez's original contract had been torn up as a result of the Premier League enquiry's initial findings; an issue at the heart of Sheffield United's latest attack on the Premier League; today's request for arbitration.

"West Ham unilaterally terminated the agreement and I have left it in the hands of my lawyer, Graham Shear, to deal with the matter," Joorabchian declared.

"But we did everything right. The proof is in the pudding, because nobody at the Premier League asked for me to go there and give evidence [at the hearing]. They knew that we had behaved correctly. We used top lawyers, top accountants.

"We made sure everything was done, We’ve been involved in many other deals and didn’t have a single problem. It wasn’t a shady transfer. It wasn’t a controversial transfer. It wasn’t a strange transfer.

"It has been said of the old administration at West Ham that they had not presented the correct documents to the Premier League. I don’t know, but whatever happened I’m sure could have been repaired to prevent all this controversy.

"What I am very upset about — and sad about — is that Carlos has been dragged into this affair, when he has nothing to do with it."

5/17/07 1:23 PM
Shotgun Mick

People seem to forget he was shite until the last 8 or so games.
5/17/07 1:27 PM
Govnor

Good point....it could be said for the entire team though as well unfortunately.
5/17/07 6:56 PM
kabukikidd

Yeah, but he was incredible for those last 9 or so. I really don't see any teams paying a hefty 40mil, or even 30mil for 9 games of quality. Or has stranger things happen?
5/17/07 9:53 PM
Govnor

kk - for our sake I hope you're right....with the new ownership and the supposed 45M Curbs has to spend this summer...if his price tag drops, you never know what can happen.

Still...he is International quality and wants to play for his country. He will be in the shop window a lot more often (for the National Argie coach) at a big club than he will be at WH...that could be the determining factor IMO.
5/18/07 7:40 AM
IBringTheDanger
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-May-07
WestHam don't get a penny for his sale. They don't own him!!!!!
5/18/07 9:04 AM
Govnor

Edited: 18-May-07
I don't think anyone was saying otherwise. The article clearly says Joorabchian is the one saying to WH that for 40M he can stay.

What KK and my hopes are is that that is an inflated price and not what anyone will pay......thus giving WH a chance! Still....even with a that, I could see him leaving for other reasons. He's too good for us right now, I can except that. It comes down to this, do WH really want to invest heavily in players or not?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.