UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> TATTOO GROUND FAQ

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/17/07 3:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thepopeye
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-May-07

We should start a FAQ make it stick to the top to answer some of the most asked questions. Also a good place to put up a list of the best shops or artits in each state. What do you guys think?
5/17/07 7:20 PM
The Illustrated Man

Edited: 17-May-07
I'd be all for it, lol..it'd save me and a few others from answering the same questions a million times. I'm going to be out of town for a week and a half...I try and start working on something and then email Kirik about it.
5/19/07 4:59 PM
thepopeye

Edited: 19-May-07
ttt
5/24/07 12:03 PM
thepopeye

Edited: 24-May-07
ttt
5/25/07 2:00 PM
Wikipedia Brown

Edited: 25-May-07
ttt
5/25/07 5:13 PM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-May-07
ttt
6/12/07 10:17 PM
cypher13

Edited: 12-Jun-07
do a recommendation of artist and their locations
10/31/08 12:27 PM
Thomas Hamilton
330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Q: How long before I can start training again?

Rolling =

Lifting =

Cardio work =

swimming =
11/1/08 1:11 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/01/08 1:11 AM
How old do I have to be to get a tattoo?

In the state of Illinois, 18 year old is the minimum age to get a tattoo. The penalty for tattooing a minor is a CLASS A Misdemeanor.
Therefore, we will not tattoo anyone under the age of 18, even with parent/guardian consent.

Incredible Tattoo Ingredients
4 Second Rule--If they can't tell what it is in 4 seconds, You Fucked Up!!
Looks Good from 2 feet & 20 feet.
Looks Good for 2 weeks & 20 Years.
Design Flows with the Body, Muscle Groups.
30% BLACK-30% COLOR-30% SKIN

Does it hurt?
Yes.

How much?

Price range varies widely. We take into consideration the size, colors, complexity, and body part. There is a $50 minimum. No tattoos will be done for less than that amount.

We cannot give tattoo prices over the phone or through email, you must come in to get a quote.

Why are tattoos so expensive?

There is a lot of work that goes on behind the scenes that you never see to give you what you want. Needle making, sterilizing, cleaning, bookkeeping, etc. Then there is the cost of maintaining a Professional Studio. License fees, training, continuing education, supplies, building lease/mortgage, utilities, taxes, tattoo equipment, tattoo supplies, etc.

Even more important you are paying the Artist for their Talent and Expertise. Your tattoo represents that Artists drawing skills, quality of their apprenticeship, how much time they put into drawing each day, their composition skills, color theory knowledge, experience w/ body shapes, design positioning, who they have gotten tattooed by, who they communicate in the tattoo community/Art scene, etc.

Getting a Tattoo and/or Piercing is not a bargain shopping experience. You get what you pay for.

Do I have to make an appointment?

You do not have to make an appointment, but it is highly encouraged. If you do not want to wait in the lobby for 1-5 hours to get a tattoo, an appointment will lock you in on a specific date and time.

For Custom Tattoos we take appointments. This ensures us that we have enough time to properly draw each tattoo. Plus we have more than enough time scheduled to do the tattoo without rushing.

How do I make an appointment?

Just come on in during our business hours. Then we can have a consultation to discuss the details about your tattoo. Plus we can take pictures of any existing tattoos we need to go around, or cover up. Also we can do a tracing of the body part so the drawing is proportional.

We cannot give tattoo prices over the phone or through email, you must come in to get a quote.

Do I have to leave a deposit?

Yup! This locks you in our schedule. Plus this gets the ball rolling to get your design drawn up. This ensures us that you are serious about getting the design and that you will honor your commitment to show up for your appointment on time. The deposit does come off the price of the tattoo; Example--Tattoo=$200, $50 deposit, you pay $150 when you come back in to get the tattoo.

In the case of larger multiple-session tattoos, we require larger deposits. And those deposits don't go towards the tattoo until the final session.

The deposit is a down payment for the tattoo. It is Non-Refundable. It is only valid for One Year. You will forfeit your deposit for 3 reasons: 1. You decide you do not want to get tattooed. 2. You do not show up for your appointment. 3. You completely change your tattoo design idea. ie: i wanted a dragon half sleeve, now i want a Koi fish on my ankle.

How do i prepare for the tattoo?

Get a good nights sleep.
Eat a meal within 2 hours of getting tattooed.
Don't wear White clothes. Wear something comfortable and loose fitting, that you don't mind if a little ink gets on.

Personal Hygiene is greatly appreciated. Shower you stinky bastards.... a little soap, clean clothes-no tracking in mud, wash your hair/feet/pits and ASS.

Keep the drinking to a minimum the night before, and definitely no drinking/drugs the day of your tattoo. We will have to turn you away.

Do you do "House Parties"?

No. If you have a group of people, you can come in and schedule a whole day for your "party".
If you would like to see the tattoos that are done at house parties click this link: www.BADTATTOOS.com

Can my kids come in?

PLEASE.......NO KIDS!!! We are an adult establishment. No children.

I want a tattoo but I don't know what I want?

We suggest taking a little time out and getting creative. Turn off the TV, radio, or any other distraction for 1?2 an hour. Get a piece of paper and pencil and just start writing down ideas. Look around your house. What kind of things do you enjoy looking at? What kind of things do you collect? What are your hobbies or interests? Brainstorm. Write down as many things as you can. Don't be afraid to write down silly or stupid things. Have fun here, no limitations. Sometimes 10 goofy ideas will lead to 3 really good ideas.

Once you have your list, start fine-tuning it. Figure out subjects that relate the most to each other. This gives us a "laundry list" to work from. That way we have plenty of ideas to incorporate into the design. Then just relax and leave the drawing to us.

How long does it take to heal?

The skin generally takes 1 month to completely heal. The scab should come off within 2 weeks.

I can get my tattoo removed later if I don't want it, right?

If you are considering this question, do us all a favor and don't get tattooed. You are wasting your time as well as ours. You must be 100% positive that you want to be tattooed. Laser removal is expensive, painful, and not guaranteed to remove the entire tattoo without scarring.

Can I cover my old tattoo with skin colored ink?

Nope. This is an urban legend that does not exist. Colored pigment cannot cover and remove an old tattoo. Even if it were true, matching someone's skin tone would be virtually impossible. Plus skin pigmentation changes when in the sun.

How long do I have to stay out of the sun?
Forever. Seriously-FOREVER!!!

CHOOSING AN ARTIST
Look for an artist who's style appeals to you and is the style that you want for your tattoo.

Can I bring My Own Design?
Yes you may bring your own design! We even encourage this, since it gives US new ways of seeing things.

But we reserve our right to say no!
If it is too small or too full of teeny weenie details, we will simplify it.

You must accept that a tattoo is different from a drawing on a piece of paper. We are the experts on tattooing. We even reserve our rights to have our own ideas, values and thoughts on design, body placement, and composition.
11/3/08 12:23 AM
LeftBench
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great post by pencilboy
11/4/08 10:55 AM
The Popeye
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol
11/16/08 10:08 PM
MarioB

bhahahaha Rf

you forgot..using a brillo pad will help eliminate all scabs..dont' worry about the blood, that will stop, event
11/17/08 11:02 AM
Frontin
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

please provide some info on aftercare. i hear soooo many different things.

my tattoo guy put saran wrap style thing over my tatt after getting it done. told me to wash it in 2 hours. apply this neosporin like ointment(its in chinese so i dont know what it is exactly). apply ointment.

Wash 2 hours before bed and apply ointment.

Wash in the morning and apply ointment.

Then do not add anything after. no lotion, nothing.

Now, with the air being soo dry, my tat is cracking is certain spots and bleeding. Some of the shading peeled off and is barely visible. nowhere as dark as the original inked skin that came off.
what do you recommend? i keep hearing no fragrance in the lotion. I dont know which lotions here in china have no fragrance cause i cant read the damn labels but i do have cetaphil from the states. should i put that on?
11/17/08 12:16 PM
The Popeye
610 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I use triple antibiotic ointment twice a day for the first two days, after that I use aquaphor for about a week a couple of times a day. after that I use normal fragrance free lotion with vitamin e for another week or so.

I have had little or no scabbing and very good luck with healing.
11/17/08 4:17 PM
The Popeye

I would disagree with this.

"4 Second Rule--If they can't tell what it is in 4 seconds, You Fucked Up!!"

There are lots of nice tattoos out there with lots of elements and different things going on that you are not going to be able to identify in 4 seconds.

I can id a Tasmanian Devil with a rebel flag in 4 sec that dont make it a good tattoo.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.