UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> could MMA get burned out????

5/20/07 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vic06
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-May-07 11:37 AM

I recently heard "rampage" Jackson say that he was afraid of MMA getting burned out because of so many shows that are being held throughout the world and airing on national TV every night. Opinions?
5/21/07 4:35 PM
GrendelX
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-May-07
It sure hasent seemed to hurt baseball, basketball etc.
5/22/07 12:19 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 22-May-07

I doubt it will get "burned" out, but will take huge steps when it shows up on ESPN.

5/22/07 8:58 PM
hooahfighter

Maybe a long way down the line, but I think for the next 5+ years the sport has nowhere to go but up. Wait til it hits ESPN or maybe even eventually network TV. Ratings and viewership are gonna go through the roof. There are still people out there who have no idea what MMA is and what it entails. Time to educate the world, people!
5/22/07 10:11 PM
vic06

I also think it could only help MMA. It would familiarize people more with MMA, and put MMA one step closer to mainstream if is not there yet. People would be more eager to buy UFC pay per views which would be considered as the major league of MMA.
5/23/07 3:06 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 23-May-07

For the UFC (or MMA) to avoid getting "burned out" is to ensure it markets itself to a large variety of the public.  NASCAR has been smart over the years by readjusting it's "redneck" image to a larget market - thus being more money.  Racing is no longer what it was 15 years ago......drivers get fined for cursing on tv; they have a "clean/pretty boy" image.   This has brought on more sponsors and viewers to make it one of the largest sports in the world.  I just hope UFC can follow in the business methods of NASCAR to make it just as big.  I have some doubts when I watch the current TUF show.

5/23/07 8:51 PM
GrendelX
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-07
Lets just hope ESPN can finally get with the program. I mean I know they are real busy with legitimate sports and all. You know hotdog eating contest, spelling bees, poker, Stuff like that!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.