UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> TOP 10 TOUGHEST LAND ANIMALS

5/24/07 11:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
EVILYOSHIDA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-May-07
" LOL, that elephant died because it couldn't eat. The tiger must have taken a piece of the trunk off toward the bottom. This has nothing to do with the two being committed to a fight and fighting to the death " LOL @ the elephant being committed to a fight to the death. The elephant can only hope to defend itself against a committed tiger. As you can see from the article, they fought and the tiger kicked its ass and went away unharmed while the Elephant suffered FATAL wounds. I already have 2 videos of Tigers charging full grown adult elephants with no fear. The Tiger does not fear the elephant because the elephant is NO MATCH for the Tiger. In fact no other animal alone in the world dare charge an Elephant. The tiger is what is known as an apex predator. Nothing besides armed humans can touch it. It is definitely the #1 fighter in the whole animal kingdom.
5/24/07 11:38 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

" Also, if you mind taking a break from your misleading stories, can you answer my question about tigers and Indian Bison?" this is a documented case of a lone tiger killing a fully grown Gaur. Gaurs are regular kill for Tigers. Usually they kill juveniles, but often times will go for adults too like in this case. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5/24/07 11:38 AM
Jwizard

Edited: 24-May-07 11:42 AM
"the tiger kicked its ass and went away unharmed" Wrong. Article says:"the tigress, which is suspected to have also suffered wounds." And LOL at a tiger biting the end of a trunk off as whooping it's ass Watch the vid of the elephants clowning the lions. When elephants feel like doing damage, they cannot be stopped. Your tigers are attacking tamed Indian elephants, as in your examples, that have no desrie to engage.
5/24/07 11:40 AM
Jwizard

Can you show me an article/story/account to accompany those pictures?
5/24/07 11:43 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

"the tigress, which is suspected to have also suffered wounds." key word SUSPECTED. They don't know nor have they confirmed the tiger was wounded. They are just assuming because a fight with an elephant is no joke. "Watch the vid of the elephants clowning the lions. When elephants feel like doing damage, they cannot be stopped. Your tigers are attacking tamed Indian elephants, as in your examples, that have no desrie to engage. " Lions have killed and attacked elephants on film. However most of the time the big cats will not target an Elephant if there are much easier prey. Also a lion is nothing compared to a tiger. The whole lion pride has trouble with simple buffalo, a lone tiger can take down a full grown Indian Bison, the LARGEST BULL IN THE WORLD at 3300 lbs. max.
5/24/07 11:53 AM
Jwizard

"Lions have killed and attacked elephants on film" You can't get this through your head, but 7 at a time on a youth, at night does not count as one vs one, adult vs adult. Show me a film with an adult lion killing an adult elephant. And stop saying dumb bullshit like "a lion is nothing to a tiger" It has been established that they ARE SIMILAR IN SIZE, despite your use, more than once, of the heaviest Siberian tiger you could find (which that 1,000 pounds you stated cannot be substantiated. The facts, as they stand, are that the biggest in the wild is 845 and the average Siberian is around 600 pounds) compared with the low end average for lions. There are plenty of lions bigger than bengal and Siberian tigers. At any rate, if it can be concluded that bengal tigers are superior fighters to lions (and I've already stated I believe Siberians are superior) they are not FAR AND AWAY superior. The battles are close. So if you see large male lions getting punked by elephants that ACTUALLY WANT TO FUCK AROUND then logic dictates that tigers, who are NOT MUCH BIGGER are easily punked too. Elephants fuck around with ANYTHING, if they want
5/24/07 11:56 AM
EVILYOSHIDA

" Can you show me an article/story/account to accompany those pictures?" The tiger is rarely sighted making a kill, and until recent times photographic evidence of a wild tiger commencing to eat still live prey had not been recorded. The incident shown on this page is therefore a very interesting piece of information. These images were taken on the 7th March 2001, by Shri Vikram Singh Parihar, the Assistant Conservator of Forests at Kanha Tiger Reserve in India. Taken from elephant back, the photographs show a clearing at Andhiari Jhap, in the Mukki range, where a tiger has hamstringed a gaur. Once it had fallen the gaur was mostly defenseless unless the tiger had've made the mistake of getting too close to the horns. This would be an unlikely error by the carnivore who is well aware of the dangers. Some attempt was made by other members of the herd to assist the fallen gaur. They attacked the tiger and made an attempt to help the injured animal into a standing position. Had they succeeded in discouraging the tiger it would normally wait nearby for things like thirst, blood loss, or shock to finish off the gaur, at which point the herd would leave the tiger to dine in peace. As it was, any attempts at assistance were to no avail and the tiger commenced eating the still live animal from the hind quarters -- effectively out of reach of the horns. The gaur is very large prey and would be consumed over a period of 4-6 days. Once the tiger left, other predators would clean up. Jackal, wild boar, and vulture (among others) would all be attracted to the free meal. The eating of live prey is frequently recorded in the wild dog. A pack hunter, these animals take turns to tire out the prey by surrounding it snapping and biting it. They have been recorded as successfully attacking and killing tigers, despite the vast size difference between the two. Their hunting method uses sheer numbers to bring down much larger animals. Once the wild dog has bought the target to a rest they start to feast even while the animal is still dying. Gaur kills by the tiger are an not uncommon find, but none have before been sighted at such an early stage.
5/24/07 11:58 AM
bhamill
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/24/07 12:04 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

Edited: 24-May-07 12:50 PM
"It has been established that they ARE SIMILAR IN SIZE, despite your use, more than once, of the heaviest Siberian tiger you could find (which that 1,000 pounds you stated cannot be substantiated. The facts, as they stand, are that the biggest in the wild is 845 and the average Siberian is around 600 pounds) compared with the low end average for lions." UMMM no way. The lion and the tiger are not similar in size. This is ludicrous. The avg. Siberian is nearly double the size of an average Lion. " Charactersitics The Siberian tiger is the largest and heaviest subspecies of tiger. To survive winter the tiger has fine but long fur and a layer of fat that allows it to stand the bitter cold. The coat is lighter in colour than other tigers and it has large paws which act rather like snow shoes. Weight of adult male: up to 800 lbs Weight of adult female: up to 500 lbs Length of adult male: up to 10 feet" What you cite is from wikipedia and there is an ongoing war with lion supporters flaming the page that's why the page is currently locked. The avg. siberian is 600-800 lbs. Keep in mind these are estimates and not many wild ones have been weighed consistently. The avg. lion is 300-400 lbs., that is a huge difference. The largest lion is 500 lbs. The male siberian is generally 2 x the size of a male lion. Nevertheless, the tiger has proven 1 on 1 fighting skills, whereas the lions fight in packs. The tiger has been documented to kill the largest bulls in the world, the lion has its hands full with cape bovine in a pack. The tiger has proven 1 on 1 fighting skills against a WIDE ARRAY of animals including the rhino, elephant, indian bison, brown bears, python etc. The lion has none such credentials. Please do not compare the lion to the tiger ever again. They are not even in the same league. Natural selection chose the lion to be a pack fighter because it's natural skills alone were not sufficient to survive as a fighter in the wild. They had to team up. The tiger is naturally selected to fight alone, with much bigger avg. prey weights than the lion, because it is the most superior fighter in the animal kingdom.
5/24/07 12:13 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

again I just have to cite more academic research from the Unversity of Chicago to support the fact that Tigers regularly kill the largest bulls in the world, The Gaur: Image and video hosting by TinyPic
5/24/07 12:18 PM
Jwizard

I've already stated that Encarta has similar numbers to wikipedia and, in fact, ups the high range of average for lions to 550lbs. Also, male lions do not fight in packs
5/24/07 12:20 PM
Dirt McGirrt

"Observers have reported that both males and females may interact homosexually.[11][12] Male lions pair-bond for a number of days and initiate homosexual activity with affectionate nuzzling and caressing, leading to mounting and thrusting." (not that there's anything wrong with that) - Wiki Just some playas on the Downlow
5/24/07 12:20 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"LMFAO for real at this statement! -CDO " Why is this funny? It's true, the page keeps getting vandalized. They keep changing the Tiger to being the 2nd largest cat behind the Lion, which is totally ridiculous.
5/24/07 12:23 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

""Observers have reported that both males and females may interact homosexually.[11][12] Male lions pair-bond for a number of days and initiate homosexual activity with affectionate nuzzling and caressing, leading to mounting and thrusting." (not that there's anything wrong with that) - Wiki Just some playas on the Downlow " Yep, many lions are homosexual too. Tigers have not been reported to engage in homosexual activity. This is because tigers are true alphas and don't take it up the ass.
5/24/07 1:35 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

The guar, the largest wild bull in the world, a regular victim of tigers: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-QMHbdw0a9k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
5/24/07 4:15 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

5/24/07 4:39 PM
supersaiyan

damn EY is ownin this whole OG thread . if anythin after reading all the responses the best any one with a smart mind. can do is learn. Clearly he his schooling u guys it aint even funnuy no more. heck there were some good arguiments and EY had an answer for all debates and questions n then some. its obvious he has done research and study in this area for some time lets respect it . sometimes its ok to be the "student" and gain knowledge . we all have our strengths in certain subjects ...lets all learn from one another .
5/24/07 6:34 PM
Turtle Powah

C'mon, animal buffs, I want a lightweight (<250lb) division!

Baboon, leopard, kangaroo, mastiff (or other dog), some types of deer, man, warthog (or other type of wild pig)?  Who takes it one-on-one? 
5/24/07 7:37 PM
Jwizard

supersaiyan needs to do some thinking. Are you also going to tell me that you think a tiger would beat an african elephant (adult) in a fight in which they're both committed to killing each other?
5/24/07 7:46 PM
BarkLikeADog
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"10. Evilyoshida's sole debate tactic is the filibuster, so if you're going to attack his arguments, be prepared to hunker down for a while. You're better off distracting him with a moon rock." See what I mean now? How did you even get roped into a lion vs. tiger debate when you didn't even have lions on your list? You are getting trolled HARD.
5/24/07 7:59 PM
Jwizard

I am hoping that I am, indeed, getting trolled and that people are not this dumb
5/24/07 8:15 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

Edited: 24-May-07 09:09 PM
" supersaiyan needs to do some thinking. Are you also going to tell me that you think a tiger would beat an african elephant (adult) in a fight in which they're both committed to killing each other? " Ummm. An African elephant would not be committed to killing a tiger. It would most likely get surprised and run for its life. From all the evidence that I have gathered it is the Tiger that does not fear the elephant. In all documented cases, the tiger was the aggressor and managed to kill or seriously injure the elephants.
5/24/07 8:18 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" I am hoping that I am, indeed, getting trolled and that people are not this dumb" You keep saying people are dumb when you've been proven wrong so many times. You put ordinary cattle bulls over the tiger. I mean c'mon, total elementary mistake, researchers actually pitted cattle bulls 1 on 1 against even juvenile tigers and the bulls were killed everytime. Then you put the moose over the tiger and this is just ridiculous when I've shown the Tiger to kill the largest wild bulls in the world. If anybody is dumb or trolling it is you Jwizard.
5/24/07 8:23 PM
demonsloth

I can't intelligently debate the tiger/lion argument. But saying that, in a pit, a single tiger would kill a full grown/tusked african elephant is asinine.
5/24/07 8:32 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"I can't intelligently debate the tiger/lion argument. But saying that, in a pit, a single tiger would kill a full grown/tusked african elephant is asinine." Umm , nobody is talking about pit fights or fights in enclosed spaces. In that case, the elephant would obvously win. We are talking about 1 on 1 fights in the wild and in this case the Tiger would either win by killing the elephant or it would win by default because the elephant would just run away.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.