UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> TOP 10 TOUGHEST LAND ANIMALS

5/23/07 3:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jwizard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-May-07
lol at all the people underestimating Giraffes. If nothing else, I hope I've opened people's eyes to the bad-assness of the Moose and the Giraffe
5/23/07 3:46 PM
Mr.Negative
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BODACIOUS GODDAMNIT!
5/23/07 3:47 PM
Dirt McGirrt

I've seen posts about Bears shattering animal's skulls. I'm curious, is there a source to this? Thanks
5/23/07 3:51 PM
Jwizard

Negative, if you'd actually read my OP I have bulls on there
5/23/07 3:52 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" The only bear thats a match for a Tiger is a Kodiak grizz." Yeah. I would like to see how that would go down. Tiger's are one of the few animals that dare charge a bull elephant alone.
5/23/07 3:54 PM
Jwizard

It ends with the tiger getting embarrassed
5/23/07 3:57 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" It ends with the tiger getting embarrassed" Ummm. When Tigers have met bears they killed them. There is no documented fight that I know of between A grizzly and a Full grown bengal or siberian Tiger. Pure speculation on your part.
5/23/07 4:05 PM
Jwizard

Like I say, you lack any sense. I'm finished with your trolling
5/23/07 4:11 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" Like I say, you lack any sense. I'm finished with your trolling " LOL. First of all you are so adamant about your fat ass hippo being some sort of fighting god, when in all the videos on the net it has been punked. Just because you THINK something doesn't mean shit. Give me some documented evidence of a Grizzly owning a tiger. You can't, so therefore you're purely speculating at this point. Tiger is not given the title of king of beasts for nothing. Hey I'm not the one that put Giraffe over the tiger, you were. You even put a BULL over a tiger lol.
5/23/07 4:29 PM
HELWIG
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"animal face off is full of shit. They declared that the Lion would beat a Tiger, when nearly 99% of video evidence proves that even TIGRESSES regularly defeat Male Lions." They examined all the factors and concluded that in a one on one fight between a good sized male lion and good sized male tiger the lion would win due to being 100x the experienced fighter and its mane adding some protection. Despite giving up some natural size and weight the lion would win. "Lions fight in Packs, tigers fight alone." Youre confused again. Girl lions HUNT in packs while tigers hunt alone. Male lions spend all day sleeping and fighting other males for dominance. A big tiger that is used to hunting and might not see another big male for months at a time isnt going to be prepared to fight another big cat to the death.
5/23/07 4:29 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"The only video I've seen of a lion vs tiger, the lion owned it easily. First of all, the tiger couldn't get the neck due to the mane. Secondly, tigers are hunters whereas lions are killers. Male lion rarely hunt, they are all about fighting each other and protecting their pride. Tigers are bigger, but Lions have more fight experience." You mean the video that was later proven to be a fake? Check all the everland park videos from Korea. Check the old AMerican movies. TIGRESSES beat Lion every single time. Historically it has been documented that the Lion is NO MATCH for the Tiger. Tiger is nearly 1.5x the size on average and is FAR more athletic than the lazy lion.
5/23/07 4:31 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

TIGRESS BEATING MALE LION on 6 diff. occassions:
5/23/07 4:33 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"They examined all the factors and concluded that in a one on one fight between a good sized male lion and good sized male tiger the lion would win due to being 100x the experienced fighter and its mane adding some protection. Despite giving up some natural size and weight the lion would win." Why would they need to hypothesize about this when there is a metric fuckton of videotaped evidence of even TIGRESSES beating male lions? Tiger owns Lion. watch the video I posted above. The only video of a lion beating a tiger was a fake! And even if the lion actually won it was twice the size.
5/23/07 4:36 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

also you're telling me that the male lion can negate 500-600 lbs. and beat a full grown siberian tiger? No way. In all documented video evidence, the Tiger OWNS the lion: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Noyswp7pwqw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
5/23/07 4:55 PM
HELWIG
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

EY I have seen every single video about lion vs tiger you have posted. Once again we're talking about who would kill the other. So posting an edited vid set to hip hop with slo mo shots if a tiger swatting at a lion isnt contributing much. Neither are clips of animals fighting and then being broken up and flashing "tigress wins" BTW I also find it suspicious how every clip is a female tiger fighting. As if a male tiger is so superior to a male lion it wouldnt even be a contest. PLEASE. So again man, if you have any vids of an adult tiger killing a male lion Id love to see them. Otherwise we're both just jocking our team.
5/23/07 5:02 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

Edited: 23-May-07 08:58 PM
Ok I have no evidence of a TIger killing a Lion, but I do have a lot of evidence of Tigers punking tigers, which does show that they are more dominant. edit: actually I do have evidence of Tigers killing lions: Newspaper article from 1899. Tiger Kills Lion in a battle to the death. http://www.willamette.edu/~ehodder/lion-tiger_0001.jpg What we are left with is just studying the physical attributes. Tigers are stronger, bigger by a factor of 2. The reason why people think Grizzlies can beat Tigers is because of size. Tigers easily beat bears half the size of Grizzlies. Well the biggest tigers are more than DOUBLE the size of the biggest lions. Add to the fact that tigers are more athletic and it's no contest. Tiger wins. Size matters, especially in nature.
5/23/07 5:11 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"I agree that a male lion beats any other male tiger EXCEPT Siberian. The Siberian will have nearly 100 pounds on it. Still a good match." This horribly wrong statement proves that you have no knowledge of the subject. lol @ 100 lbs. try 500 lbs. PLUS.
5/23/07 5:30 PM
Afterbirth Sandwich

but in all honesty, if there are so many videos of the two fighting that EY can post like 5 or more fights of lions vs tigers, if the lion is truly tougher, then certainly there should be some videos of a lion dominating a tiger? or is there a internet conspiracy to only make tigers look tough?
5/23/07 5:33 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

" lol, those videos didn't show anything. If anything part of it showed that even when a tiger gets the lion's neck that it couldn't finish it due to the mane. lol, and in the second video two tigers teamed up on the male lion. Way to post completely useless vids to try to back up your point! " DId you watch the everland park videos? While these fights didn't go to the death, the Lions were humiliated and bitched by female tigers. Tiger has too much speed, too much power and too much size for the lazy male lion. ________________________________________________ In the Middle Ages a few lions were kept in European menageries in Germany, England France and Italy. The best known of these early zoological collections was one belonging to Henry I of England that was eventually moved to the Tower of London, where it remained until 1840. Occasionally lions where forced to fight tigers, but apparently the tigers always won. - Wild Cats of the World by Mel and Fiona Sunquist __________________________________ it's not even worth debating IMO. Tiger is superior the lion.
5/23/07 5:36 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

5/23/07 5:37 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"but in all honesty, if there are so many videos of the two fighting that EY can post like 5 or more fights of lions vs tigers, if the lion is truly tougher, then certainly there should be some videos of a lion dominating a tiger? or is there a internet conspiracy to only make tigers look tough?" Correct. Every single video on the net shows the Tiger dominating the lion. The one where the Lion supposedly won it was later to be proven to be a fake. Even then, throughout that video a female tiger half the size lays the beatdown before they suddenly cut to a shot of a sleeping tiger and proclaim the lion the winner.
5/23/07 5:39 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

The tiger is a rare jewel in a treasure chest of truly spectacular Indian wildlife. When the ancient Romans set tiger against lion in the coliseum, the tiger invariably won. In some ways, the tiger is the ultimate predator.

-PBS.ORG
5/23/07 6:03 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

"Of coarse an adult Tiger would win because they are twice the size of an adult male lion" exactly. I wish more people on this thread had this kind of common sense. Resorting to "oh but the Lion has a MANE" or "the lion has more fighting experience" is RIDICULOUS when we are dealing with the size differential. not only that the tiger is more athletic, it's an excellent swimmer and climber. In addition Tigers hunt alone no need for backup like Lions.
5/23/07 6:13 PM
EVILYOSHIDA

Young bengal tiger charges 1700 kg buffalo. Balls of steel. In the end the young lad wasn't up to the task but still shows incredible balls. A fully grown male bengal would have taken this down though. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KG7tgRN2UNc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>
5/23/07 6:15 PM
BarkLikeADog
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Random thoughts: 1. The conditions of one on one cage matches are so far removed from what most animal encounters in the wild are like, that they are meaningless to conduct or debate for anything other than the fun of it. 2. Lone foragers (such as bears) & herd animals (such as giraffe & hippopotamus) will almost universally retreat from an active predator so long as the conditions allow for it. There is nothing to gain from an injury sustained while fighting something that has a chance at eating them, even if that chance is remote... 3. ...especially at night when they can't see &/or organize. 4. Of course conditions may change when the animal &/or its offspring are cornered, or when they are in herd & can organize. 5. Just like people, animals fight like they train, & unless they're predators, they exclusively train with each other. Thus while it's true that large bears have amazing bone density & swiping power, you'll seldom see them using that in a survival fight because they've never trained it, since it doesn't significantly affect the outcome of fights with other bears. 6. ...& along with that training comes the instinct to fight until one opponent withdraws or submits. Fights to the death are anomolous/accidental in that regard. Even with the large predatory cats, they won't fight to the death unless forced to. Bottom line here is that they generally won't intentionally kill what they won't eat. 7. Hippos are no joke, but a great deal of their killing power lies in how deep they roll. 8. Giraffe are also no joke, but are incredibly skittish for their size (being herd foragers) & are extremely vulnerable when drinking, so I wouldn't be surprised if someone posts some vids of some ridiculous matchups featuring giraffe losing at the water hole. 9. I'd like to add cassowary to the list of potential nominees. 10. Evilyoshida's sole debate tactic is the filibuster, so if you're going to attack his arguments, be prepared to hunker down for a while. You're better off distracting him with a moon rock.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.