UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Learning Latin

5/31/07 10:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheMeat
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-May-07

I'm currently learning Latin on my own...or trying to anyway. I'm using the Rosetta stone software now and plan to move on to some other courses when I'm finished. Are there any folks here who study Latin and Classics? If so could you recommend some study materials. I want to learn Latin...not just for vocabulary enhancement or medical terminology. I want to be able to read ancient authors in their original language. I had a minor in ancient history and love Roman culture. Suggestions?
6/14/07 5:06 PM
queazel

Edited: 14-Jun-07
I've heard really good things about Wheelock's Latin if you are looking for a book. http://www.wheelockslatin.com/ I took Latin years ago in high school, and have since forgotten a lot of it. I picked up Wheelock's book a few months ago, but I haven't gotten around to tackling much of it yet. Hope that helps
7/15/07 5:46 PM
AlbertEinstein

Edited: 15-Jul-07
Wheelock est bonus. In ludum hoc legebamus. Principia Mathematica Naturalis Philosophiae legere volo. Difficile est. Tamen Rosettam esse optimam intellego. Check Bittorrent for textbooks ;) Actually you can get Rosetta Stone there too.
8/9/07 11:45 PM
Buddhadev
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Aug-07
cool thread

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.