UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Has anyone else taken EXCEDRIN PM?

6/2/07 2:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
WaltJ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Jun-07

If so, has it fucked you up enough to where you woke up in the middle of the night talking gibberish and looking around thinking someone was breaking into your house? I'm being completely serious and meant to ask about this earlier in the day. I took it and fell asleep around 3:00 am and woke up around 6:30 half-concious saying something about fucking my life up with the paranoia of the dolphins. I'm dead fucking serious...I was saying something about the paranoia of the dolphins and relating it to my life. Was this just a weird, one time occurence (stupid dream) or does this normally happen with Exedrin? I never take aspirin/medications but have been under some mental stress lately and decided to use this stuff to get to sleep at a reasonable time. Not to mention I was drowsy for half the following day.
6/2/07 2:09 AM
grittys457
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you wake up a few hours after sleeping pills or like the one you took, you will basically be working with an insane mind. Demented.
6/2/07 2:09 AM
shootfightermike
893 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol!!!! walts goin crazytrain like ozzy baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/2/07 2:10 AM
WaltJ
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At first I thought it was kinda funny, but now looking back it was pretty fucking weird, to be honest. In fact, that's why I remembered it. Who the fuck talks about dolphins and paranoia? How do you even associate the two? It's like I was sitting next to myself when I was doing it.
6/2/07 2:49 AM
rkjmd
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is a well-known but somewhat unusual side effect of the benadryl in Excedrin PM. Just don't ever take it again and you'll be fine.
6/2/07 2:51 AM
WaltJ

Are you really being serious or just fucking with me? I'm going to google this stuff right now.
6/2/07 3:06 AM
TheDomester
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

According to top experts, you've had a serious reaction that will lead up to your balls melting within 24 hours.
6/2/07 5:22 AM
Moke
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy lightweight batman. Excedrin PM has 38mg of diphenhydramine...in other words benadryl. I take 100mg every night before bed. See a shrink!
6/2/07 7:29 AM
rkjmd

Moke, it affects some people badly. For most, it is mildly sedating. But some people need to stay away from it. Seriously.
6/2/07 7:35 AM
Moke
167 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really? Benadryl is a pretty common antihistamine.
6/2/07 7:48 AM
rkjmd

A lot of my patients can't use it, especially the elderly. But it can affect anyone adversely. Not most people. But some. And very bizarrely, occasionally.
6/2/07 6:33 PM
Moke

rkjmd, diphenhydramine lists caution for use if you have an enlarged prostate, or glaucoma. I've always wondered why? What is the mechanism of it in the body, and how does it negatively affect these conditions?
6/2/07 6:44 PM
MachetePhil
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who the fuck talks about dolphins and paranoia?

Perfectly reaonable Walt, happens all the time nothing to worry about.

Somebody get this sumbitch in a padded room stat.

6/13/07 12:31 PM
WaltJ

Edited: 13-Jun-07
Update: Last night I took it again so I could get to sleep early and I woke up at 4:00 am singing songs and not being able to remember the alignment of my room (I couldn't figure out where the door was or what side of the room my bed was on). Since it was a light sky outside and my window was open, I thought I had left the tv on, so I grabbed my iPod (thought it was the remote control) and tried to turn the window off thinking it was the tv. So I sat up in bed for like 30 or 40 seconds in complete silence listening for sounds I kept hearing, despite it being completely quiet. This stuff does some weird shit to me, and I don't know whether to be worried or whether to write it off as just some stupid coincidence.
6/13/07 12:32 PM
Stronghold
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife gets hyper is she takes benedryl. Maybe that's your problem - like 5% of the populace has that reaction to it.
6/13/07 12:43 PM
krept
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paradoxical reaction ^ but this sounds different. indeed it appears to be the mental stress coming out. I actually get like you're talking about when i have a fever over 102. makes me speak in gibbrish completely. One tylenol PM will lay me OUT, but I can function absolutely fine on a 7.5mg percocet, so yes a given chemical will have a different reaction depending on the person.
6/14/07 12:11 AM
WaltJ

Edited: 14-Jun-07
I just took two Advil PM's in hopes that it'll help the swelling on my knee go down a little bit. It's also supposed to be a sleep aid, so I'll report back tomorrow if this stuff fucks with my mental stability, too.
6/14/07 12:13 AM
MikeD

I don't know about that stuff, but NyQuil often results in me having very weird dreams and feeling exhausted the next morning.
6/14/07 12:14 AM
WaltJ

True that, Mike. NyQuil KTFO's your ass. Which isn't too bad if you've got a shitty cold or the flu or whatever.
6/14/07 2:25 PM
WaltJ

So I took the Advil PM last night and in addition to it making me sleep for 12 fucking hours, in the middle of the night I BOLTED out of bed thinking there was a spider crawling on me. I was really unnerved and spent at least 5 minutes with a flashlight looking under and around the bed and checking the floor. So, to recap thus far, that's 3 nights of taking pain relievers/sleep aids and 3 strange incidents of abnormal behavior. Either I have adverse reactions to these things or my stress levels are beginning to build up to new highs.
6/14/07 2:26 PM
Stronghold
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You, sir, may just be crazy
6/14/07 2:37 PM
WaltJ

I may have to take that shit again TONIGHT since I fucking slept til 1:00 this afternoon. Sons of bitches.
9/24/09 7:51 PM
WaltJ

Figured I'd add another funny story that happened a day or two ago.

Even though it's late September, the east coast has seen some pretty warm weather, in fact, low-to-mid 80's weather in PA, so suffice it to say, it's not exactly cold.  Night temps are at a perfect 65 degrees or so.

Anyways, a few nights ago I need to get to sleep early for work the next day, so I pop a sleeping pill (some generic sleep aid bullshit) and go to sleep, wake up the next day, and go to work.  It's hot as fuck in my room.  Whatever.  Must be the warm weather.

Next night, same thing.  Wake up.  Hot as fuck.  Man, I'm not used to having this shit in September.  It's hot as fuck in here.

This morning.  Goddamnit, this is fucking bullshit.  It's September and I'm laying here in my undies with no sheets on because it's roasting hot.  WTF.

Get home today, hot as fuck.  Look at the thermostat, and it was turned up FULL BLAST.  I can only theorize that at some point within the last couple days, I must've gotten out of bed in the middle of the night and turned that shit up for no apparent reason.

A few weeks ago, I got up, took a shower, got 1/2 way dressed, and was almost ready to leave for work.......at 2 am!

This stuff fucks me up!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.