UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> TMA Historical Question

6/6/07 1:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FlashGordon2002
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jun-07

Back in the late 70's, early 80's, there were these hard-cover martial arts books that you could find in public libraries about martial arts. I think they were authored by a guy named "Fred Neff" (I _THINK_ that's the name). The books were pretty basic, showing basic break falls, throws, punches, kicks, etc. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
6/6/07 4:32 PM
JesseL

Yup...there was also Bruce Tenger i beleive his last name was...he had a book about every martial art.
6/6/07 4:34 PM
FlashGordon2002

What got me was that Fred Neff published a ton of books...but they all basically had the same material in them with a lot of overlap...for instance, he had a Judo book...but his Jujitsu book was basically stuff from his Judo book with some stuff from his Karate book...and his Karate book was some basic Karate with a couple of Judo throws, etc. The dude probably made a mint from people who bought all of his books without realizing that there was sa ton of overlap.
6/7/07 8:53 AM
judo man

Edited: 07-Jun-07
Bruce Tenger critized a lot of TMA's at that time about how ineffective some training methods they were using. Made very unpopular among the TMA community.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.