UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Under 20 World Cup

6/6/07 10:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OctaviousBP
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jun-07

Anyone catching any of these games? Canada just beat the States 4-0 in a tune-up. Looking forward to it, and will try to catch a game or two live over summer.
6/7/07 8:59 AM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 07-Jun-07 09:03 AM
Just going by what they tells me: FIFA U-20
6/9/07 1:31 PM
kabukikidd

Edited: 09-Jun-07
I have to drive for four hours to watch any games in Toronto. OI. I am eyeing the Canada/Chile or the Mexico/Portugal games so far. Hmmmmmmmmmm....
6/15/07 12:52 PM
Fernando

Edited: 15-Jun-07
LOL @ Red Bull having good supporters! Shit were bigger than most MLS supporter sections here in Portland, The mighty Timbers Army travels to most away games and always outnumber the folks in Seattle and Vancouver! Good article and theres a whole bunch of groups growing througout the US and hopefully they will ban those stupid fucking horns at all stadiums.
6/28/07 4:35 PM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 28-Jun-07
Just got my tickets for Saturday's double-header. Go the Czechs and go the North Koreans!
7/20/07 9:23 AM
OctaviousBP

Edited: 20-Jul-07
Anyone catch the Argentina v Chile semifinal? Was I right to be enraged at the reffing? Or rather, the root cause, the fact that any Argentinian would go to ground if a Chilean player was within 5 yards of them, and the ref would buy it. I am by no means passionate for Chile, but I felt gutted watching the ref pretty much single handedly dismantling any chance they had against the powerhouse Argentinians. (Not to take anything away from that cracker of a goal at 13') Would it be possible to implement a review system that has refs review questionable calls involving theatrics and embellishments, and hand out retro yellow cards, or fines? Would this be enough to deter players from diving? I think that game last night may very well have turned away a lot of potential new Canadian soccer fans... Sorry for the discombobulated rant... still early.
7/20/07 4:12 PM
luchador1

Edited: 20-Jul-07
I was watching in a Boston Pizza. Alot of people there were shocked at the reffing and the brawl. My wife nad I laugh and I was thinking "You've never watched a big time South American or European tournament have you?".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.