UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> Just applied to NOVA

6/12/07 7:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tom Lawlor
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jun-07

After reading ad-nauseum on this topic for years today I filled out an online application to NOVA. I realize that this isn't the prime hiring season but would be looking to possibly be hired to take over for someone who is leaving around October (which I understand is feasible). Can anyone who has done something similar tell me what to expect as far as being scheduled for an interview,etc? I also specified Osaka (for the MM Center) & Tokyo as my desired areas, but realize not everything works out the way I'd like. Those would be my two best bets to get some training in correct?
6/17/07 8:58 PM
Tom Lawlor
558 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jun-07
I've now applied to a number of different ALT dispatch companies(seeing as how this would allow me time to train and give me 'normal' working hours) and I think I'm starting to finally understand how all of this works. I'm still open to the possibility of eikawas, and have started to see openings for some of the smaller chains. If anyone reads this and wants to help me (a social science education degree holder, current teacher, and wrestling champion) out, just let me know guys/girls!
6/27/07 2:40 AM
Easytarget
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jun-07
My advice. Find out which gym you want to train at. THEN find a job near it that allows you time to train. Do a TESL/CELTA course before you come which will make you an attractive hire. I suggest a school gig as you will be free at night to train.
11/16/07 12:01 PM
club kozak
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Nov-07
If you work for NOVA full-time, you'll usually start at 1pm until 9pm.That screws your training for sure. Some are lucky(those who are there longer) get to start 10AM and finish earlier. I worked at NOVA part-time in the mornings. If you could try to get somewhere else if your goal is for training.i really hated working there. Its not a school, its a company. I agree with Easy 100%. Don't get a job then try to find training, you might just shoot yourself in the foot
11/21/07 4:27 PM
club kozak

Edited: 21-Nov-07
NOVA is going bankrupt!
11/22/07 5:14 AM
Easytarget
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Nov-07
NOVA had been on a downward spiral for the last 6 months before going bankrupt 3 weeks ago. A buyer has taken over some of the schools and will restart limited operations soon. Not a company to join.
11/22/07 7:42 AM
Groove Holmes
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Nov-07
Anyone thinking of coming to Japan to teach might have a hard time finding a job at this time. Nova went under and put 5,000 teachers in Japan out of a job. Just something to consider...
11/23/07 2:31 AM
Easytarget

Edited: 23-Nov-07
Good advice. Head to Korea, its economy is doing well and the cost of living is still a lot lower. You can save more.
11/29/07 1:48 PM
club kozak

Edited: 29-Nov-07
Easy is right! i got a friend in Korea, and he's raking in the ca$h!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.