UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> Drawing of the Dark

6/20/07 5:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Jun-07

I just picked up this book the other day by Tim Powers called The Drawing of the Dark. I had never heard of it before - but the back cover sounded promising - a fantasy set in the mid-1500s, encompassing the Fisher King, Beer, Turkish Invasions of Europe and lots of other fantastic stuff.... im only about 5 chapters in, but its been tremendous so far. the main character is great, the story is funny ... anyone else read this??
6/26/07 1:09 PM
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jun-07
ttt great book - i just started Powers' Then Anubis Gates. please someone else read it so i can talk to someone about them lol
6/27/07 7:06 PM
ocianain
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jun-07
Powers is a first class talent, Drawing is a all time classic as is Annubis Gates. If you like Gates, Blaylocks, Lord Kelvin's Machine might be worth a read. On Stranger Tide's is a classic (I wonder if he sued Disney for ripping him off) as is, The Stress of Her Regard, very original writer.
6/28/07 12:05 AM
PTA

Edited: 28-Jun-07
im really surprised that i had never heard of him before ... but im glad that i found their works

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.