UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> My bro got called up to the USMNT

6/22/07 7:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
useless
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jun-07 08:01 PM

He leaves on Sunday for the copa america. hopefully he gets a goal and a cap congrats invalid my bro wont be able to score against your crew
6/22/07 8:34 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jun-07
Useless: I saw on MSN earlier today that he had been called up. Congrats to your brother on being selected! I'm sure he'll play the best he can for the Stars & Stripes. I was looking over Bradley's picks for the rest of the team...they're going to have a VERY difficult time in their group, considering most of the selection haven't had many international caps and they're young. There is also the political and social climate they'll have to deal with considering Venezuela is definitely NOT pro-American. So it will be a combination of different things these guys are going to have to deal with on & off the pitch. Hopefully, the squad will perform better in South America than they have in the Gold Cup. Quite honestly, even w/the talent we do have, they just haven't looked solid at all.
6/22/07 9:18 PM
Yougottawanna
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USMNT = United States Men's National Team Congrats to your bro.
6/22/07 10:49 PM
Govnor

Awesome...fingers crossed he can make a splash!!!
6/22/07 11:22 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jun-07 01:02 AM
Studd, here ya go: Roster: Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Kasey Keller (Borussia Moenchengladbach, Germany) Defenders: Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Bobby Boswell (D.C. United), Danny Califf (Aalborg BK, Denmark), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City), Jay DeMerit (Watford, England), Drew Moor (FC Dallas), Heath Pearce (Nordsjaelland, Denmark), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC) Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Colorado), Ricardo Clark (Houston), Benny Feilhaber (Hamburg SV, Germany), Eddie Gaven (Columbus), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Justin Mapp (Chicago), Lee Nguyen (PSV Eindhoven, Netherlands), Ben Olsen (D.C. United) Forwards: Charlie Davies (Hammarby, Sweden), Herculez Gomez (Colorado), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City), Taylor Twellman (New England) And for good measure, here's our 1st opponent, Argentina's Roster: Goalkeepers: Roberto Abbondanzieri (Getafe, Spain), Juan Pablo Carrizo (River Plate), Agustin Orion (San Lorenzo). Defenders: Javier Zanetti (Inter, Italy), Roberto Ayala (Valencia, Spain), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United, England), Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza, Spain), Daniel Diaz (Boca Juniors), Hugo Ibarra (Boca Juniors), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter, Italy). Midfield: Luis Gonzalez (Porto, Portugal), Juan Roman Riquelme (Boca Juniors), Javier Mascherano (Liverpool, England), Esteban Cambiasso (Inter), Fernando Gago (Real Madrid, Spain), Juan Sebastian Veron (Estudiantes, Argentina), Pablo Aimar (Zaragoza, Spain). Forwards: Lionel Messi (Barcelona, Spain), Hernan Crespo (Inter), Diego Milito (Zaragoza), Carlos Tevez (West Ham, England), Rodrigo Palacio (Boca). I watched Algeria play Argentina a little over a week ago. Algeria exposed some weaknesses in Argentina's defense and goalkeeping, which were corners and set pieces. Argentina came back and won 4-3, but against a lesser known opponent. It got my hopes up for the U.S. if they can expose the same weaknesses that Algeria did. But, like the U.S., Algeria got slack toward the end of the match and let Argentina come back for the win.
6/23/07 1:40 PM
Adonis

Edited: 23-Jun-07
To recap, what's your brothers name?
6/23/07 5:43 PM
grizz632
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jun-07
long overdue, congrats to Hercules, a true FootballGround legend! Bob Bradley must lurk around here... "why no Bocanegra, McBride, Donovan, Howard, Beesley ?" Cause the people over at US Soccer aren't taking the tournament seriously. Hey invalid, try to explain to me what Eddie Gaven has done to deserve a callup? You see him play more than I do, but he's always looked like ass when I've seen him. Am I missing something?
6/24/07 1:33 AM
useless
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Jun-07
dj- people have no sense of humor. fighters can fail drug tests and be cool cause they smoke pot and i look like a douce cause i like to drink beer. grizz-he got offered to play a friendly with the us in 05, they were suppose to play against ireland(sp) i think, anyways he said no caus that was the same day as the mls cup. he decided to play in the mls cup and his team won but if he played in the firednly and did well he would have been on the world cup team most likly
6/24/07 11:16 AM
Filthy Mutant Sodomite

Tell your Bro good luck from the FG!
6/24/07 11:29 PM
useless

maybe he'll wear a F*ck the FG tshirt
6/25/07 11:57 AM
useless

Edited: 25-Jun-07
i can ask him when he gets back to do it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.