UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> Sambo Nationals

11/4/02 2:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Todd Milhoan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Nov-02
Mike is tough as hell himself! In Gijon, he fought at the WORLD level something like 2 weight classes above what he weighed.. he was around 180 and fought at 220's I think, and hung with this absolute monster of a mongolian. Josh, drop me an email. Todd1495@yahoo.com
11/5/02 8:47 AM
WSF
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Nov-02
It is really pointless to argue grappling skills with someone who believes that Gokor can't fight. I guess the Shamrocks, the Machados, Mikhael Illieukin, Oleg Taktarov, Gene LeBell,Don Frye, Harout Teryzan and the thousands of Judo,Sambo,BJJ,and NHB students around the world were all mislead when he toyed with them. Some of these matches are available on video for those of you who wish to see. I put together the fight card several years ago for the Rage in the Cage in Hawaii when I sent Gokor there as a celebrity guest. He rolled with Don Frye, the Shamrocks and other top grapplers and tapped them like children. If you don't believe me, ask the editor of Grappling magazine Todd Hester who was covering the event. Gentlemen...you wouldn't last 15 seconds with Gokor on the mat. I would put $1000 dollars on it for any of you.
11/5/02 8:56 AM
WSF

Oh ya. Osaekomi...It is not my intention to become a bully on this forum. I am a Christian guy and picking fights is not my nature. But I will extend to you an open invitation to come to my school any time you wish so that we can roll. If you wish to "throw hands" as we train that is fine. We train Thai boxing at our schools along with the grappling arts. The only thing that you may not like is that we may have different rules than you. You see, we don't stand people up after 10 seconds on the ground, we allow belt grabbing for more than 5 seconds and we are allowed to perform any submissions. Still interested?
11/5/02 8:58 AM
joemurphy

"toyed with the machados ...oleg ...gene...the shamrocks ...don frye?" heehee...HAHAHA now that's the funniest thing I've seen here in a while. OK - lets stop talking crap and put our money where our mouth is, the good Dr. is talking a grand. lets pick someone out from this board to go with gokor for 15 seconds. I'll put up some cash. I nominate rhadi ferguson. second would be camarillo. I need weights for milhoan and resnick. this could be fun.
11/5/02 10:07 AM
dynamo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gentlemen, This insanity has to stop. WSF started with an invitation to his tournament which was an innocent gesture. Some of us had some questions(belt ranks in Sambo, rules,etc.) which was without malice. Unfortunately it has degraded into a name calling pissing contest. Perhaps we should all step back and just agree to disagree. Trying to be a peacemaker is a very unusual position for me. Perhaps we should take all this negative energy and apply to where it could best be used. Judo vs. BJJ! Just kidding :) Dynamo
11/5/02 10:44 AM
Osaekomi

Edited: 05-Nov-02 11:27 AM
WSF, I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed. Thanks for the invite I'll stop by at some point in the future. The same invitation is extended for you to visit the Metro Fight Club. I guess honest opinion offends you. You may not be a bully but your posts are misguided and indicative of a wise guy. You sought to belittle me in one of your posts so I responded strongly. Not very Christian of you or me btw. For the last time: NOBODY IS SUGGESTING GOKOR IS NOT A SKILLED, TOUGH FIGHTER!!!!!! THE FELLAS ARE ASSERTING HE PUTS OUT FRAUDULENT CLAIMS TO TITLES THAT HE NEVER WON FOR THE SAKE OF MONETARY GAIN. THAT IS FRAUD. ALSO THE OTHER POINT IS THAT YOUR SHIAI IS NOT SAMBO SO GET OVER IT. Dynamo, Good advice and I would like to apologize to the forum for my obvious offensive remark to Pordash in an above post. The Irishman in me took over.
11/5/02 11:10 AM
JarvisKolen

Dr. Pordash: I have a tremendous amount of respect for you and I have spoken with you several times about doing a seminar at my gym. I'm not saying this to attack you, but I used to train with the Lions Den for Submission Wrestling and I present on three separate occasions when Gokor and Ken rolled. It may just be the tone this thread has taken and you feel the need to talk bragadocio with these guys, but Gokor DID NOT destroy Ken Shamrock. Ken was very competitive and then they worked on some things. Ken was very respectful and probing(which believe it or not he always is open to learning). I won't go into who tapped who how many times, but I like a lot of people on this thread that you are in disagreement with and I know some harsh things have been said, but don't run down others to prove your point. Your organization is happy with you and your direction. You seem to be producing top notch grapplers that are competitive on all levels so let it be at that. Resnick: I love you, dude. You kill me. You're so enthusiastic about Judo that it makes me excited. Keep training hard. train hard Jarvis
11/5/02 11:13 AM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

all i ever wanted to know is who his judo champions are. i know who gokor's judo champions are.. i havent a clue who the Doc's are. if he would answer that i'd be happy as punch. just because i dont like his event being called Sambo doesnt mean he isnt a skilled teacher of whatever form of MMA/NHB he has at his school(s). The idea that he is heading the attempt to get his form of Sambo into the olympics is crazy and shows he doesnt know much about the USOC/IOC, but that isnt exactly his fault. -Resnick
11/5/02 11:48 AM
samboboy

Russian Judo
"Gentlemen...you wouldn't last 15 seconds with Gokor on the mat. I would put $1000 dollars on it for any of you" You sir are dillusional. Your telling me I have to last 15 seconds in a match and you'll give me $1000 sure, set it up. I have lasted far longer with *REAL* world Sambo and Judo champions. I want you to think about it for a second you really think Gokor will tap me in 15 seconds? Sure we can blow a whistle and 16 seconds later blow that whistle again and stop the match. Sounds good to me. samboboyo@yahoo.com
11/5/02 11:51 AM
Todd Milhoan
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WSF, One simple question, still. How is it that I went home as the National Champion, when I supposedly lost to your student?
11/5/02 12:09 PM
Osaekomi

Edited: 05-Nov-02 12:10 PM
Pordash, For your edification there is much parallelism between our two clubs. My dojo, Metro Fight Club, partakes and has champions in the following styles: judo, sambo/sombo, bjj, submissions, freestyle, folk, greco, san shou and NHB/MMA. We are cognizant of the rule parameters of all. I understand your theories and what you are saying about fighting and not contending with your philosophy. The only points of contention are the two listed in my above post. I can almost feel the tension arising from your posts.
11/5/02 12:11 PM
WSF

Jarvis; I apologize to you and every other level headed author on this forum for some of my harsher responses. My reasons for this have been partially due to the fact that I just extended a friendly invitation to all who may be interested in partaking in our tournament. I expected that some people would be intrigued by the new rules and would like to compete. I also felt that since sambo is so little known and is not high in popularity in this country, that our efforts would help gain respect and enable many grapplers to compete and have fun. Instead, several people have taken shots at my tournament,me, my students and Gokor. I just can't believe how dillusional some people are in the grappling world. It's fine to have traditional sambo tournaments and rules. But it is also fine to have tournaments with different rules. I don't think anyone could disagree from Scott Sonnon's article that sambo has many facets, some of which are not practiced in traditional tournaments. We chose to include more sambo techniques in our tournaments. If you don't like our rules, you don't have to compete. But please don't become belligerent or disrespectful when someone is inviting you to their function; it only creates negative retaliation-which was not our intention. My intent was also to gain some pub for our event. Thanks to all for assisting with that.
11/5/02 12:17 PM
Osaekomi

Edited: 05-Nov-02 01:26 PM
Pordash, Good post. Your thread, albeit rift with heated posts througout, has thrown sambo into the neons on this forum and that is good. Sambo is a great sport and is, IMHO, more spectator friendly than judo. The virtually unrestricted gripping parameters make for spectacular throws and belie the theory that they slow the action. At our dojo when we randori with gi it is usually a combination of judo and sambo rules unless we are specifically training for a judo shiai.
11/5/02 12:18 PM
samboboy

Russian Judo
For the record... I applaud your effort to increase grappling in your area. I am happy to see that you want the Sambo you train to be as realistic as possible, my sambo club does chokes, punching, kicking and a variety of other techniques that make up Sambo. But Sport Sambo is a sport with certian rules and those rules from FIAS are the rules of the game and you follow them, if you don't then your tournament is not Sambo. Sambo is a fractured sport right now, more so than perhps ever, and another federation with another tournament with another set of rules does nothing for the sport. As for Gokor, I have never said shit about his technique because people I respect say he's good butI stand by my words. The man has lied times too numerous to count about medals he never won, you must know this. Every student of Gokor's with a small bit of knowledge of the game knows that Gokor lies and misleads people. That is a fact. I wish you all the best in your tournament.
11/5/02 12:18 PM
Todd Milhoan

WSF, I was the 1998 Senior National champ at 149.5lbs. Out of all the matches I had that day, there are 2 guys I don't know by name. One of which I submitted with an anklelock.. the other one WOULDNT EVEN FIGHT ME. Which of the two is your student?
11/5/02 4:36 PM
JuDoK@
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When I think of this dr. pordash guy I keep thinking of that secret doctor character on tekken 3? Is this the sambo we are talking about.... I know that a fireball is an immediate score in this sambo game.
11/5/02 11:29 PM
McLeod
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can do that Fireball! It's not real powerful yet, but it scores and is a perfect set up for my knee compression. :)
11/6/02 1:13 PM
donthatetheplayer

Edited: 06-Nov-02 02:29 PM
lol great thread
11/17/10 11:38 PM
madongo

I just found this old thread and was wondering if Dr. Darrin Pordash ever made it out of prison. I trained with him about 9 years ago and remember him to be very talented,,,?
11/18/10 12:32 AM
McLeod
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I know his appeals failed and he has about aniother two years. I could be off though.
11/18/10 4:26 AM
JoshuaResnick
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

didnt that dudes wife come here telling us about him being arrested for something or another and wanting to know the truth about him???
11/18/10 10:23 AM
dynamo
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After all these years I cannot believe how Koga "punked me" lol. Guess I got caught up in the heat of the battle.
11/18/10 10:23 AM
dynamo

Edited: 11/18/10 10:24 AM
dp sorry
11/18/10 1:35 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshuaResnick - didnt that dudes wife come here telling us about him being arrested for something or another and wanting to know the truth about him???
Goes way deeper and scarrier than that!  she pm'ed me and told me that he was a dentist who used to knock out girls with gas and then fondle them!

and she asked me to help lead the charge of making sure every single message forum/site/board etc had all that info posted!  Talk about a woman scorned. She wanted to burn that mother fucker to the ground!

11/18/10 4:13 PM
JoshuaResnick

BiC... i am remembering that now. wow.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.