UnderGround Forums

Scott Sonnon >> Fluid vs Speed

10/25/02 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Dark Knight
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Oct-02

What are the opinions. Can being fluid make up for speed? And can being fluid appear as speed. I have fought with people who said I was fast but I said its because I am fluid and it gives the appearance of speed. As one strike or motion is completeed, another is following before it returns. So there appears to be a fast motion coming in after the other but its not.
10/25/02 4:21 PM
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott has taught me "the reduction of recovery time or time after a mistake is made or a barrier is confronted" assist your ability to flow. I hope I understood correctly. Robert
10/25/02 4:26 PM
Sonnon
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Robert, dead-on. There is physiological speed, and then there is psychological agility (recovery time from surprises, expectations, errors, catastrophic thinking, etc...) The late Col. Boyd and his OODA loop theory influenced US fighter jet design. Basically, a faster, less armored and lighter armed jet could destroy its slower, more heavily armed and armored cousins. However, a slower, medium armored and armed jet with greater response time, greater "agility," could defeat both. (Reference Flow-State Performance Spiral and Flow-Fighting.) Be agile. Coach Sonnon
10/25/02 5:51 PM
WinkyTickleBear

Sorry to nitpick, but a "greater response time" and a "better response time" are two different animals... - Jrichardson, really
10/25/02 9:29 PM
Sonnon

Whoops. "Better" not greater. Thanks, Jon. It's the encroaching Senior moments. Coach Sonnon

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.