UnderGround Forums

TMA UnderGround >> fma near oakland ca

7/7/07 3:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
newbieguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jul-07

Hello, I am looking for a filipino martial arts school near oakland, ca. willing to travel in the san francisco peninsula, ca. area too much farther than that and I wont be able to consistently make it on a daily basis if no fma school would like to know of kempo/kenpo school in the same vicinity I have attempted to check out wolfs kenpo in el sobrante but never have been able to make it when anyone is there. Have been doing the video tape/dvd method but now have time to go to a school any help appreciated, thanks.
7/9/07 5:04 PM
JesseL

Edited: 09-Jul-07
dude man cali there is all kinds of filipino martial arts..........i am stuck here in the sticks of michigan......shit you have like a text book of teachers out there....you should be able to find one no problem
7/9/07 10:42 PM
newbieguy

Edited: 09-Jul-07
with all respect that may be true but I have googled, searched the phone books at least alameda, contra costa, and san mateo and outside of just driving aimlessly around the area looking have found nothing which is why I posted on this forum for help. thanks though hopefully someone will answer.
7/11/07 5:21 PM
Robkali

Edited: 11-Jul-07
Dude, learn how to google better...there are a shitload of places to train in the Bay Area. try putting this in the search box: kali + san francisco eskrima + san francisco arnis + san francisco and then kali + oakland eskrima + oakland arnis + oakland Then let us know how many you came up with 'cause i found at least 10 different places that teach everything from the Inosanto blend system to Serrada to Modern Arnis to Doce Pares.
7/12/07 2:17 PM
newbieguy

Edited: 12-Jul-07
I guess I should have clarified what I wanted or was looking for. More so than a list of a bunch of schools which I have generated from doing searches such as you mentioned on google/ yahoo I was maybe hoping to find someone who has experience with the different schools in the oakland area as most I have contacted want anywhere from 75-200 dollars a month or 50 dollars a week for training and some just meet at a park once a week usually sunday I wanted to know the quality of training or any personal experience anyone may have had but I am anxious to learn so I will just seek them myself, thanks for everyones help it is appreciated.
7/12/07 9:51 PM
JesseL

Edited: 12-Jul-07
i would even check the once a week in the park schools. They maybe some good teachers just doing because they love to do it and want to pass it on.....its worth a shot.....and yeah schools are not cheap

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.