UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> be Yor own bodyguard slogan

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
straightpunch2000
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02
Another point you made that I found intersting is this: ""Why doesn't Blauer give credit to his sources of education"? and How come all of the top instructors name their teachers, except Tony Blauer. I said, ask him yourself." Your reply is intersting Rick. Firstly, I scoured his web site and found some clear lineage there - TKD, boxing, wreslting and a love of Bruce Lee. But what is really interesting and I suppose hard to digest for some, is clearly written in Mr Baluers bio about how and why he developed his system. Is it possible that Mr. blauer has come up with new material? I realize everyone is inspired or influenced by another, but who does an inventor or innovator thank besides his parents and physics teacher from high school? And at what point can we all just accept the difference between a really good athlete, a really good teacher and a really good innovator? I own many many tapes including Mr. Blauer's and I agree there are many many great teaching teaching Jeet Kune Do, Thai boxing, Ju Jitsu, Kali, TKD, etc, but you know what hoiw many Chu Fen do tapes are there? The Panic Attack drill, the High Gear suit, Chu fen Do, the Range Rover, the Cycle of Behavior and so on, thats new stuff - when you look inside Mr. Blauer's material you see something different. And if it werent new, why do so many people integrate his drills or ideas if all he was doing was teaching someone elses material with his own slant? I suspect its because he is not. I hope people read this in the light I intend. I spent time away from work sifting through the site (Mr. Blauer get a navigation system please!)I just see people fixating on such small ideas and not seeing the big picture, but who am i to judge? Also, this was on Mr Blauer's site as well, perhaps you and some others should print it or post it on these other forums, where people asked why Mr Blauer never thanks anyone. This is the page: http://tonyblauer.com/Tactical/SWAT.html "Mr. Blauer would like to thank the following warriors who offered their time, energy and input to help us develop our courses. These men embody integrity. Their desire to improve, not just personally, but tactically, can be felt through their selfless attitudes and desire to help law enforcement and military units survive violent encounters. They evaluated our tactics, shared ideas, opinions, and made honest suggestions while we researched and assembled our programs. It was their personal input and feedback that has helped the TCMS Law Enforcement Training Division reach the standard for which it is known for today. Thank you all. Gary Klugiewicz, Chris Shepard, Gene Zink, John Meyer, Preston Covey, Steve Clagget, Sandy Wall, Joe Ferrera, Jim Worthington, , Mike Ferguson, Shane Ludwig, Paul Minner, Tim Pierce, Mark Babyak, Jeff Chudwin, Jim Campbell, Chris Caracci, Cam Conklin, Steve Luckey, Bob Willis, Jon Saterstad, Bennie Cooley, Phil Singleton, 'Coach' Bob Lindsey. (The names are in no particular order and if we've forgotten anyone, please forgive us.)"
RPDimitri

Greetings all, I just wanted to share the following with the people of the mental edge. As you all know, I trained under Tony for a number of years and have personally witnessed him create several new drills and concepts. Tony is definitely an innovator and analytical thinker. Sincerely Richard Dimitri
RICK SIKORA

It was never my intention to say that Tony wasn't an innovator or that he lifted someone else's material. I've known him long enough to know that he is super smart, physically gifted as well as being a great speaker, which has had an impact on my presentations and abilities immensely. When i said the material he taught me was invaluble, but I didn't know about the newer stuff, I meant that I wasn't exposed to his newer concepts, not that I thought he stole them. I was speaking of slogans, which I detest personally. It never even occurred to me about the thanking instructors comment until I began getting questioned about it myself (ALOT) Many people refuse to believe that one man could possibly come up with an entire and brilliant system without the aid of other people. Jealously? maybe! It's just funny that as soon as someone questions the Blauer system, an array of students go on the warpath, (many who are in their infancy in the Blauer system)And the word is spreading and it's not fair to Tony. I don't think Tony tells his students to stick it to his detractors I truley believe (and may be wrong) that if someone is so concerned about someone copying their material, don't publicize it.
P

Rick, Nobody is pointing a finger at you or claiming you stole anything so no need to get defensive or evasive. I think all Stansfield was trying to say is that your compliment seemed belittled by some of your other comments (not to mention the Bruce Lee quote which, if you've checked out the JKD community these days, is anything but the case!). The tradename/slogan issue is a business issue that stemmed from a personal one. It's as much an issue of protecting the public as it is in protecting the research. The 'martial arts' can be dangerous business and; like a scalpal can be used to perform miraculous life saving feats in the hands of a skilled surgeon or calamitous tragedies in the hands of an 'imitator', so it is with the arts. I like to believe that, as Scott Sonnon so aptly put, "People are inherently intuitive, and will (eventually, if not immediately) sift through the silt and find the gold." I'd just rather avoid a single botched 'operation'; as any avoidable tragedy is one too many. Remember the BLAUER company motto, "In combat only the result counts." Thanks again to Scott Sonnon for a most professional and insightful post, to Mitch for the education on this 'new cyber world', and to Stansfield for exercising indignation in a clear and educational way. P.
RICK SIKORA

If I sounded defensive it's because months ago I was getting harrasing e-mails from a few guys who post on this mental edge site (especially Stagner) regarding stealing material. My era with Tony was 4 or 5 years ago and it's over. All I know is the material he taught me (which is invaluble) the new material, I don't know. I'm busy right now so I don't get a chance to get on these forums much, but when I do I quite often see mental edge members jumping on people for questioning Tony. It happens way too much. If someone is so worried about people stealing material don't teach seminars, don't produce videos and don't write articles. People will see it and some will claim it's theirs. That's how the world is. Rick
bremc

Tony, my heart goes out to you man. I understand, I'm sure there are times it gets very difficult. This is what I ask, I'm sure most would echo. For my desire to grow, learn and experience more cranial pain and blinding flashes, please don't stop. My THANKS! L. Nat
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
BAd move Rick. More innuendo. Was it really necessary? I read Mr. TOrres' letter and smiled, wow. succinct, poetic, respectful of all humans, identifying the greatness that lies in each of our potentional and then I'm reminded of my 'capacity/potential' model by your post.. Ok. Several individuals have asked you not to take this all perosnally to see where the analogies are coming from and you have not once answered them other than to suggest they do not know the truth. Let me let you in on a little secret, this is my forum. Do you think you can come in here and drop innunendo stools without irking the more vocal and assertive members? This thread, philosophically, is about 'this very sort of behavior' and you cannot see the forest from the trees... You forced this hand Rick with your last post asking people to call you to get the 'real' scoop. PLease. Lets keep this off the forum? You posted it. Dont you understand cause & effect yet? Ive read this thread obvioulsy and I'm not going to sit back and watch you draw this into your little world. So while I've left the thread alone and watched it grow, evertime there was a sign of evolution {posts by Sonnon, Torres and some others} you pop back with innuendo... so here we go....
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Rick, In every one of youre posts you have left a little nuance,, why? Anger or bitterness is the only reason. Weve gone through this time & again and if you really had a clear conscience you would never agitate things but you do, almost everytime, you think your doing me a favour but an off handed compliment? Your innundo makes it seem like I crossed you in your threads and you make it seem as though I did something to you [HWo is Rick Sikkora?]. The only history was our trust and our agreement. You still have not moved past this, but you broke both. I still cannot fathom how & why you blame me for any of that. Maybe I didnt coddle you and make you feel good about what you did, bu you made your choices and I called you on the honor element. And what you did is the same thing that everyone in your category does, you make your move silently thinking no one will be the wiser, but it's a small community. Had you confronted me, with respect, as my student, after the years we had known each other, face to face, with your dreams to move on and do your own thing we would never be where we are today. You can't grasp that for some inexplicable reason. You did it wrong and it's created this and like most, you are defiant about it. You were always defensive and still are. I actually liked you years ago and gave you more time & energy during your darker periods (girlfriend, weight gym, new gym) that was not part of a CFD certification....it was a responsibility I take for anyone I like and want to see successful. In the immortal words of Mick Jagger, 'you get what you need, Rick' and this circular conversation we've had for years is going no where. I have given you far too much information/education over the years and Im doing it again in this letter, teaching....you only take what you can use...I'm tired of wasting my time on you. Bottom line, after you did what you did with you security affiliation without first notifying me. It created a riff, is that so strange? The you then contacted me a couple of years later because you wanted to make it right between us, you were building a business and a website — but based on the continued innuendo in your posts it would seem that all you were using my rep and name for was to either clear a conscience or create a foundation for your new system... If I'm wrong then what's with that [still] lame testimonial? I didnt give you great Chu Fen DO training, I certified you in the first phase of CEREBRAL SELF-DEFENCE, I taught you the SPEAR fundamentals I taught you the infrastructure to educate on the ANATOMY OF A STREETFIGHT, I taught you about close quarter and street tactics and groundfight vs grappling and weapon drills....need I go on? When you came to me you were a frustrated, disgruntled, eclectic marital artist, now your a Combatives instructor. Rick, you haven't even put a link up to my site....you expect me to believe you stick up for me from your heart? You can tell what ever stories you want to your student and on your forums, but to drop the innuendo in my forum and think I'm going smile and leave it...every one of your posts injects a personal issue that is not appropriate.. The intelligent thing to do right now is perhaps reflect and perhaps, if its in you, repost that you 'apologize for getting emotional' you might even make some fans, repost something damn intelligent and at least give the illusion that you understand that you detract from the problem by leaving innuendo. Imagine a day where there was no need for innuendo, for crossing the street because of embarrassment or guilt, where you thoughts were not coloured by anger, where the only thing that matter was the truth and ideas... Conscience and accountability my friend, the truth will set you free. Tony
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rarely get a chance to get on line these days...So it saddens me a bit when I do visit the edge only to find the same rediculous arguments are being re-hashed for the 1000th time. I have Only known Tony and his work for a few years. I have had the opportunity to train with him a few times and was a participant in the first P.D.R. session. Though my relationship with Tony is relatively new, my study of martial arts goes back 24 years. I have studied (Meaning with real teachers, not on video) Jiu-Jitsu, Bok-Fu, TKD, Muay Thai, BJJ, Okinawa Te, Judo, Western Boxing...I have also seen hundreds of differnt MA training videos, read numerous books, explored web-sites etc. Never and I mean NEVER in all that study and exploration have I encounterd any thing that resembles that which Tony has created. As far as I am concerened Tony is unique. All these people scream and cry for him to honor his teachers. Just because he did some TKD and Some other stuff along the way...If you truly follow his path, his vision and evolution are readily visible. He HAS created his own system, With countless unique drills and endless refinement. It has beena labour of love, fuled by passion and a keen intelect. Let it go people. Explore what he has to offer and let all the rest of this B.S. go.
3/7/02 12:00 AM
Taku
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I rarely get a chance to get on line these days...So it saddens me a bit when I do visit the edge only to find the same rediculous arguments are being re-hashed for the 1000th time. I have Only known Tony and his work for a few years. I have had the opportunity to train with him a few times and was a participant in the first P.D.R. session. Though my relationship with Tony is relatively new, my study of martial arts goes back 24 years. I have studied (Meaning with real teachers, not on video) Jiu-Jitsu, Bok-Fu, TKD, Muay Thai, BJJ, Okinawa Te, Judo, Western Boxing...I have also seen hundreds of differnt MA training videos, read numerous books, explored web-sites etc. Never and I mean NEVER in all that study and exploration have I encounterd any thing that resembles that which Tony has created. As far as I am concerened Tony is unique. All these people scream and cry for him to honor his teachers. Just because he did some TKD and Some other stuff along the way...If you truly follow his path, his vision and evolution are readily visible. He HAS created his own system, With countless unique drills and endless refinement. It has beena labour of love, fuled by passion and a keen intelect. Let it go people. Explore what he has to offer and let all the rest of this B.S. go.
host weakest link

Hey Rick, You are the weakest link. goodbye!
Yeah

What is this spartan thing you keep you mentioned Rick?
RICK SIKORA

Tony, These guys on your forum no nothing of the Neil Ivory/Spartan era. Only you and I do. It's been beaten to death in the past, but is still bothersome to me. I've explained it to you several times,but refuse to accept what I told you. I even tried to explain it again when I received those totally unnecessary e-mails from Mr Stagner (when you guys were close), but it never got though. Again, there was no reason to ask permission at the time because Spartan decided to utilize the Casper or WW2 methods as their H2H program. That's what they taught me and that's what I taught when I was involved. We know there's more to it, but it costed me a good opportunity.
Yeah

Is there a reason why my post was deleted?
MTripp

Tony, THREE consecutive words are plagrism in this country.... ....just a thought. Keep up the good work! ...and I thought I had it bad!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.