UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Car accident, recovery...

7/8/07 11:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rimcc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Jul-07

Just wondering if anyone here has been rear ended while stopped in their car, got hit from behind by a pickup truck the other day, nothing too major, wicked headache,stiff/sore neck. Trying to decide whether to see massage therapist, or chyro. any feedback would be much appreciated.
11/29/07 12:01 AM
Technician

Edited: 29-Nov-07
You will typically experience sypmtoms of pain and discomfort a few days following a car accident (depending on the severity of the collision). Better to get checked out by a health professional in your area than obtain advice from laymen on this forum. Good luck.
11/29/07 1:05 AM
Bolo

Edited: 29-Nov-07
If you are choosing between only massage or chiro, I'd go with chiro. I was rear ended many years ago and made sure to get fixed up right away. I thought I was fine right after the accident, but eventually my back slowly began to get worse and worse. At that time, I was using chiro as my modality of choice. Luckily, I began to fix the problem within the day of the accident. My discomfort was gone after 3 days (I went 3 days in a row). I've seen many people who have had accidents and then end up having an acute accident turn into chronic pain.
1/4/08 3:45 AM
JasonE

Edited: 04-Jan-08
See a licensed health care professional for a proper evaluation and diagnosis. Get their input so you know what you're dealing with, and use that info to figure out what kind of treatment to get. I've helped whiplash victims become pain-free, but only after they got checked out and cleared for massage by a MD, PT, or DC. It's your neck, so do it right the first time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.