UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Air Force adopts LINE training

7/10/07 12:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FullBlastJKD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jul-07

Ok, I saw an article in the AF Times about this. They discuss how the Army and Marines cut this in lieu of what is going on now with MACP and the Marines' program, yet, the AF has instructors teaching this as a requirement prior to deploying. I already know why this is ridiculous and will get folks hurt but does anyone else out there have any stories or compelling issueus about LINE? BTW, I am in the AF and a certified Level II MACP instructor, in addition to having certs in JKD, and other arts.
7/10/07 9:35 AM
rafie

Edited: 10-Jul-07 10:06 AM
Full Blast Wazup brother? man you are really hurting my feelings with AF going to LINE Training. I trained numerous Airmen in Korea and like 4 in Guam that will love MACP to be incorporated in the AF. Man I really know you background as a BJJ, JKD, MACP and others Martial Arts in your background. You should address that to you COC. MACP cover realistic training while LINE training does not among others things. Some even Army units in FT Bragg, NC stop using LINE Training and change to MACP. Yes, I was in FT Bragg for 6 yrs when everybody did that but now MACP is the prefered method. Guys are not trying to cause controversy but I did something similar to LINE training prior joining the Army ids called shotokan katas(LOL). The gave me a good background and yes my teacher love us to spar. Right now the best person to contact you should be NCO in FT Benning Dave PS Shoot me a email senseirafie@yahoo.com to tell you something in private. can you send me a link of the article pls? Love and miss you rafie
7/10/07 7:26 PM
DrillSergeant"C"

FullBlast!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wassup Brother????????? Where are you at now????
7/10/07 9:39 PM
Combat MMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
The AF as a whole has not adopted LINES, rather a few of the units. The DonVitos have a lot of connections and that will give them "In's" even when the failure of the program has been demonstrated by the Marines and the Army SF Communities. In will be a short lived stint IMO. (Also, keep in mind, it is the Air Force...:))
7/10/07 11:39 PM
FullBlastJKD

Rafie! Hey my friend, hope all is well with you. Thanks for your insights, coming from you and your background, it makes me feel good to know we are on the same page. I will send you some mail soon. I will also try to find the link. Drillsergeant "C", Hello my friend. How is Drum treating you? I am in sunny California! training at Paragon BJJ. Great stuff, getting my azz handed to me as usual. LOL Combat MMA, I meant to make that very point that it's not the entire AF that is taking on LINE training, but rather units like Security Forces, and a few others prior to deploying. I just don't want it to catch on for the very reason you mentioned a the end of your reply...it IS the Air Force and sillier things have been known to happen!
7/11/07 12:33 AM
Combat MMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Jul-07
Fort Bragg Combat MMA
FB, I was just kidding about the AF comment. I have been getting a few guys in from Pope here and there into the Level I and II courses here at Bragg. Good guys. Good people out there at Paragon as well. Are you going to be around for the Mundials? Jeff
7/11/07 6:58 AM
rafie

Yurk Wazup Do not forget to said hi this weekend papi... I was in 82 nd ABN too hoah Rafie
7/11/07 9:59 AM
DrillSergeant"C"

Drum Slllooooowwwwlllllyyyyy grows on you. With the 4-6 feet of snow in the winter and then the summer that gets hot and humid you have no choice but to embrace it and lie to everyone and say that it is great. Training is ok. With this place always being gone it is hard to find dudes to train with. My schedule has prevented me from getting to Syracuse to train so I have mats and a building here and have a few semi-regular guys that show for open mat. Drum is holding on the the "Drum Kwon Do" it trained in the past.(bastardized version of LINES) MAC happens here and there. Nothing Mainstream. Take it easy Brother.
7/11/07 5:19 PM
Combat MMA

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
Rafie, Sounds like your boy is not going to have his Hep B and Hep C paperwork ready in time and may not get a chance to fight. I think we are going to come down anyway, and maybe take a different fight if it becomes available. Either way, should see you this weekend. Jeff
7/12/07 5:47 AM
FullBlastJKD

Edited: 12-Jul-07
Jeff, no worries bro, it's all in good fun! =) Yes, the Paragon crew is awesome. I HOPE to get to go watch the Mundials and see some of my friends and former coaches compete. Will you be down that way? DC, Man, you couldn't have asked for much better of an assignment eh? LOL And here I thought Oklahoma was a death sentence! =)
7/12/07 10:02 AM
rafie

Full Blast Lets Plan a MTT to your unit and try to expand MACP what you think? Rafie
7/12/07 4:30 PM
Combat MMA

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
FBJKD, I will be out there for sure. Myself and a couple of the soldiers from Bragg will be out to compete and represent the 82nd/Army/MACP. Should be an awesome time.
7/12/07 8:26 PM
armlok
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just contacted the 15th AW Public Affairs a couple days ago because of an article about L.I.N.E. in their base paper from a couple months back. I advised them to seek out MACP or MCMAP and also offered to do free MMA/BJJ demo. Also volunteered to do an MWR program for my former service if there was no formal interest (sorta like my contribution to personnel and the GWOT) if they would pass on my contact info. The reply I got from PA is that the AF no longer funding L.I.N.E. and was thanked for my interest. Oh well.....I offered :( What's really sad is that the AF is deploying personnel who have no business in a tactical environment. Even the new Weapons qual for Sec-Forces is barely bettert han the old one. As for the rest of the AF, it seems like they're almost reinventing the wheel, or at least doing it for transportation Sq. from what I've read. For deployable assets there used to be a requirement under the old 28-1 for "Mob School" Mobility Survivability Training (MST). I know all the Combat Comms used to run schools teaching convoy, security/fireteam tactics, security augmentation, uxo, SABC, CWDT, weapons, prisoner handling, bare-base and tenant/friendly forces procedure, etc. You'd think they would make it mandatory for all personnel as well as ramp up some kind of decent combatives program or adopt the MACP. Whatever........:(
7/12/07 9:34 PM
rafie

ArmLock Can you send me copy of the article? A link PLS Rafie
7/12/07 10:48 PM
armlok
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rafie, http://www2.hickam.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123047981
7/13/07 4:25 PM
rafie

Edited: 13-Jul-07
Thanks Brother

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.