UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Euro 2008 Tickets

7/10/07 10:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
grizz632
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jul-07

A friend of mine lives in Vienna and wants me to come out next summer, so I figured I'd try to have my trip coincide with Euro 2008. Any of you Europeans know what the ticketing situation is like? Do I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting tickets without breaking the bank?
7/10/07 11:02 AM
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Their stadiums aren't that big there dude. Ticket prices will be off the charts and you won't be able to get one through official channels at all IMO.

But it would be awesome to be in Vienna at that time. It's a really nice city (I have family there).

Try and get your friend on the case ASAP.
7/10/07 11:45 AM
Mozzer

In the first set of application proceedings my friends and I applied for 64 tickets altogether, and were successful with none. Once again, it's a piss-take with UEFA giving shitloads to sponsors etc. You should be able to get some at a decentish price, from touts, for some of the smaller games, especially in the group stages. Bear in mind that there are different categories of ticket also. Category 3 = far away, worst view. Category 2 = a bit better. Category 1 = best. We got lucky with some face value, category 1, tout tickets for England Vs Switzerland in Portugal 2004. We ended up sat right behind Wayne Rooney's family... I'll be going over to Euro 2008 with or without tickets. Soak up the atmosphere, and beer. It'll be a good laugh - do it!
7/10/07 1:28 PM
grizz632
522 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm gonna have to get my buddy off his ass to hunt down some tickets then whether or not I get tickets I'm still going to go over. Watching the matches from an Austrian bar sounds better than waking up early in the morning to watch them on ESPN. We'll have to meet up for a pint or 20 Mozzer
7/10/07 1:54 PM
Govnor

You'll have a blast, whether you get to a game or not.
7/10/07 5:22 PM
Mozzer

Aye grizz. I'll be going to the cities where the England games are (if we qualify!). I'm still going to try and get tickets for other games too, to open up opportunities for trading, or even just to take in a game. Last year I only watched England games in bars in Germany, and in the Fan Parks. However, we did manage to get to Brazil Vs Japan - we managed to get a couple of returned tickets through Fifa, literally days before we flew out to Germany. I've got a mate who's a spiv, he can sometimes sort out press tickets/decent fakes that you can take a chance with and sometimes get lucky. I'll ask him what the state of play is going to be next year, and report back.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.