UnderGround Forums

LEOGround >> Psych Test 2000 question!!!!!!?!?!

7/13/07 9:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProMagnus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Jul-07

My recruiter just told me that the Psych test that I have to take is 2000 questions long and that its going to take 4 hours. Damn. When the told me about a Psych test I thought I was going to be talking to a Psychologist or some for an hour and answering questions about ink blots. Is that standard for LEO psych tests?
7/21/07 10:39 AM
chaseb1
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jul-07
The psych tests i've taken (and personality) for numerous agencies were that long, reason being is, the same question is asked numerous different ways. In a timed test, you are trying to make it through the questions and they all start to get jumbled up and you don't have the time to go back and check. Thefore, they supposedly can tell if you are answering honestly or trying to answer the way you think they should be answered (or something to that manner). In the end, i really don't know how good they are because i've always seen the 80-20% rule.
7/21/07 3:02 PM
ProMagnus
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well I got finished taking it. A few things I'm worried about. I quit a car salesman job without notice because the boss was a jerk and wanted me to do some underhanded shit, I only worked there a month. Plus there are a few things that I hope they get full context on. One of the questions were have you ever driven while using a prescription medicine. Since I've taken Blood pressure meds for the last ten years I had to answer yes. I wrote a little explanation in the margin. It also asked if I've every been in a fist fight since I was 18. Well since I worked as a bouncer while in college I had to use force to remove some drunk and violent patrons. So I had to answer yes. I tried to explain that as well. Other than that I haven't been in any fights. I was arrested once for no proof of insurance but the charges were latter dropped when I brought proof to court. And last it asked about my relationship with my dad. I haven't talked to my dad in 12 years. He abandoned my family. But I dont harbor him any ill will, things happen. They asked me to rate my relationship with my father as Excellent, Very good, good, satisfactory or N/A. I'm satisfied with the relationship that we have so I put Satisfactory. Should I be worried?
7/21/07 7:12 PM
newbieguy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the thing about those tests is that you must answer consistently because they ask the same question in different ways. What the psychologist does is analyze the test and gives it to the dept after he has a talk with you and the dept./agency has a pass fail mark that they use based upon your answers and the agency standards that they want in a recruit/officer. hope this helps
8/2/07 5:05 PM
ProMagnus

Edited: 02-Aug-07
Damn its been almost 3 weeks and still no word.
4/4/08 4:41 AM
Derek Tomchek
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: Apr 4 2008 12:00A
A lot of agencies use this test as their polygraph as well. Answer HONESTLY. These tests are designed to pick up on traits of deception through asking thesame/similarquestions. If they ask you if you want to be a florist or librarian and you answer yes because you think it make you seem like a nice guy, you will fail and be eliminated. -Derek-

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.