UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Spring Camp DVD -- convince me?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/16/07 2:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
paw
1795 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jul-07

I'm a purple belt in bjj and really want to focus on guard passing. Additionally, my stand up is nowhere near my groundwork. I keep hearing good things about the Spring Camp DVD series....but can't get myself to committ to buying it. Would anyone care to give me a push in that direction? Maybe let me know what I can expect from the set? Thanks all!
7/17/07 9:06 AM
PKF
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Jul-07
copied from another thread re Spring Camp guard surfing ..... It is by far one of the best self-teaching drills/games I've ever worked through. It has been a staple at our gym for a couple of years now and every time we play it,everybody discovers new routes/connections/passes. An amazingly simple,game altering drill. Believe the hype!
7/17/07 10:50 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you care about MMA passing then I also believe that the following MMA passing material (on same DVD where the guard surfing drill is) is excellent.
7/17/07 12:40 PM
membrane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The disc you seem to want is disc 1 from spring camp 2006. Anyway, the dvd is ok and the passing section is good. The mma warm up in the beginning is complete filler, though. As a funny side note, the advert page for spring camp says that the following: "This is a top quality production. Shot with some fantastic camera work by expert camera man Victor Levine, and edited tightly by Erik Mayne, this DVD set represents the cutting edge of SBGi curriculum and production values." The production values are actually quite bad by todays standards. Unless one considers a camcorder top quality production.
7/17/07 2:18 PM
mongrel 911
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is definitley worth getting. There is the guard surf drill which alone to me was worth the price but the mma guard passing section is also included. I also liked the clinch work, bjj drills and takedowns section.
7/17/07 8:41 PM
Erikm
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you are looking to improve your guard passing then this is the set for you. 
7/18/07 9:48 AM
Jorx
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Jul-07
The "MMA warmup" is just a simplified version of the Parisi warmup. But it only takes like 4 minutes DVD time anyway...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.