UnderGround Forums

BookGround >> The Man in the High Castle

7/16/07 3:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jul-07

just started this book by Philip K Dick last night - and its actually the first of his books that ive read - and it is mindblowing. i'm about half-way through right now and plan on finishing it tonight. i'm sure that a few people here have read this, but i highly rec. this to anyone who hasn't. for those that don't know - the story takes place about 15 years after the nazi's defeat of the allies in WW2. i won't go into too much detail, but Dick's take on what the Nazi's do after the war is quite fucked up. i read that he was planning on doing a sequel to it, but when he went in for his research, he couldn't stand to go over the horrors of the nazi's again.
7/16/07 5:59 PM
B47
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went on a Philip K. Dick spree a couple years back and ended up reading a bunch of his books, including this one. While I did like The Man in the High Castle, it definetly wasn't my favorite of his. My "Dick" top 5: 1. Ubik 2. A Scanner Darkly 3. Do Android Dream of Electric Sheep? 4. Flow my Tears, The Policeman Said. 5. The Man in the High Castle
7/16/07 10:03 PM
PTA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think that im going on that kick right now ... high castle just happens to be the first one that im reading... i did a similar thing with vonnegut years ago ... i cant wait

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.