UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Galaxy v. Chelsea

7/22/07 2:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jul-07

Not a bad match for the Galaxy tonight. Nice to see Beckham out on the pitch and getting in some playing time. Some really beautiful touches up front to his strikers...just too bad they couldn't capitalise on their chances. I think everyone's instant reaction was "oh shit" when he went down from Hutchinson's tackle. The Spanish broadcasters have also officially dubbed him "El Spiceboy." The Galaxy missed some golden opportunities tonight, especially Landon "Captain PK" Donovan. It was pretty comical watching Essien swat him around the pitch during a few exchanges they had in the 2nd half. Speaking of Donovan, anyone read the Sports Illustrated article on David Beckham where they interviewed Donovan? He made a rather off colour comment about Beckham "splashing some cash around the locker room" in reference to helping some of the guys out financially. I think Donovan's absolutely gutted he's no longer in the spotlight, no longer Lalas' "golden boy" and is now the 2nd highest paid player on the team at $900,000/year. Perhaps he should splash some of his cash around, not that he's worth anywhere near $900,000. I thought Abel Xavier did a fantastic job in holding down the defence tonight, although they were caught out of position consistently throughout the match. Although he looks like he had a dead poodle on his head, he played solid tonight. Best blunder of the night: Pavon's foot injury. I think it was Donovan who was dribbling the ball just outside the box and Pavon makes an attempt to shoot the ball as it's just in front of Donovan's reach. He ends up kicking Donovan's boot and injures himself. Truly classic.
7/22/07 1:21 PM
grizz632
545 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Xavier was definetly man of the match, at times it looked like there were 4 of him out there. It seemed that everytime a Chelsea attack came into the box, he was there to save LA. And I think the entire viewing audience was thinking "Oh Shit" when that challenge came in. It was Sidwell who made the challenge though, not Hutchinson
7/22/07 4:39 PM
stinkman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Galaxy did play well, though you can definitely tell Chelsea was the better team. Great one touch passing and excellent ball control. Should have been 2-0 or 2-1. How was that offsides called? And how did Donovan miss the header? Either way, was a good match for both sides.
7/22/07 4:50 PM
Takedown
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my bad, twas sidwell indeed

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.