UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Tongue "Stuff"

7/22/07 11:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
beekrock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jul-07

For the past year or two I've had this whitish crap on my tongue (mostly the back of my tongue). I started using a tongue scraper and it works great, but a few hours later the stuff comes back. If I go for more than a day or two without scraping my tongue, it gets so bad that it becomes almost a yellowish green color. I've read that it's probably due to bacteria in the mouth, but how the hell can I get rid of it? I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with my acid reflux.
7/31/07 11:41 AM
oldnslow
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jul-07
It's probably thrush, a fungal infection in your mouth. It usually occurs in people with lowered immune systems or who are on certain antibiotics that kill off the bacteria in your mouth that feed on the fungus.
8/11/07 9:29 PM
dentalninja

Edited: 11-Aug-07
It could be thrush (oral candidiasis), but most likely it's your normal bacterial flora. Brush twice a day, scrape your tongue every time you brush, and use a mouth rinse like Listerine or Crest ProHealth. If that doesn't help, see a dentist.
8/22/07 4:01 PM
Frogs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Aug-07
Traditional Chinese medicine uses tonque appearance as a diagnostic tool of health.Although it may be scoffed at by western medicine, it is atleast somewhat interesting and there may be a grain of truth behind it. www.beyondwellbeing.com/herbs/tonque-diagnosis.shtml
9/14/07 1:28 AM
PrinceAlbert
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Sep-07
"It's probably thrush, a fungal infection in your mouth. It usually occurs in people with lowered immune systems or who are on certain antibiotics that kill off the bacteria in your mouth that feed on the fungus." Any solutions?
9/20/07 10:36 AM
oldnslow
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Sep-07
there are anti-fungal meds. talk to your doc. when i was in the hospital recovering from surgery, i was on a bunch of antibiotics and got thrush. docs gave me some oral med that i swished around and spit out like mouthwash. don't know what it was called though.
9/21/07 5:59 PM
dentalninja

Edited: 21-Sep-07
okay, don't listen to a dentist. Do what you like.
1/4/08 3:55 PM
El Maquina

Edited: 04-Jan-08
Does anyone know anything about a type of allergy that causes your mouth to burn and turn a bright red color? I'm pretty sure it's an allergy cuz it seems to mostly occur when I'm at work. I work with different chemicals. I might have a date soon and don't want to look like I'm wearing more lipstick than the girl. I'm dead serious by the way.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.