UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Luck

7/22/07 6:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jul-07
JoeyOddessa.com

For what its worth.....

I changed alot negative habits and started  livin  my life like this after buying into The Secret.   www.TheSecret.tv  Everything in life has been pretty good since. I sort of starting thinking that way on my own before the secret, but it just totally reinforced it.  I mean I've definietly had some bad runs, but overcame them pretty easily.

Found this article interesting..... its from 2003.....b/c it supports the same theory. The law of attraction. Positive attracts positive, negative attracts negative.

Maybe you can gain something from it.

7/22/07 6:21 PM
Oddessa
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jul-07
JoeyOddessa.com
Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3335275.stm#tips

The loser's guide to getting lucky
By Professor Richard Wiseman
University of Hertfordshire

Why do some people get all the luck while others never get the breaks they deserve? A psychologist says he has discovered the answer.
Ten years ago, I set out to examine luck.

I wanted to know why some people are always in the right place at the right time, while others consistently experience ill fortune.

I placed advertisements in national newspapers asking for people who felt consistently lucky or unlucky to contact me.

Hundreds of extraordinary men and women volunteered for my research and, over the years, I have interviewed them, monitored their lives and had them take part in experiments.

Professor Wiseman's top tips

The results reveal that although these people have almost no insight into the causes of their luck, their thoughts and behaviour are responsible for much of their good and bad fortune.

Those who have succeeded at anything and don't mention luck are kidding themselves -Larry King

Take the case of seemingly chance opportunities. Lucky people consistently encounter such opportunities, whereas unlucky people do not.

I carried out a simple experiment to discover whether this was due to differences in their ability to spot such opportunities.

I gave both lucky and unlucky people a newspaper, and asked them to look through it and tell me how many photographs were inside.

Professor Wiseman's formula came too late for some...
I had secretly placed a large message halfway through the newspaper saying: "Tell the experimenter you have seen this and win £250."

This message took up half of the page and was written in type that was more than two inches high.

Anxiety

It was staring everyone straight in the face, but the unlucky people tended to miss it and the lucky people tended to spot it.

Everything in life is luck -Donald Trump

Unlucky people are generally more tense than lucky people, and this anxiety disrupts their ability to notice the unexpected.

As a result, they miss opportunities because they are too focused on looking for something else.

They go to parties intent on finding their perfect partner and so miss opportunities to make good friends.

They look through newspapers determined to find certain types of job advertisements and miss other types of jobs.

Self-fulfilling prophecies

Lucky people are more relaxed and open, and therefore see what is there rather than just what they are looking for.

Luck is believing you're lucky -Tennessee Williams

My research eventually revealed that lucky people generate good fortune via four principles.

They are skilled at creating and noticing chance opportunities, make lucky decisions by listening to their intuition, create self-fulfilling prophesies via positive expectations, and adopt a resilient attitude that transforms bad luck into good.

Towards the end of the work, I wondered whether these principles could be used to create good luck.

I asked a group of volunteers to spend a month carrying out exercises designed to help them think and behave like a lucky person.

Dramatic results

These exercises helped them spot chance opportunities, listen to their intuition, expect to be lucky, and be more resilient to bad luck.

I am a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it -Thomas Jefferson

One month later, the volunteers returned and described what had happened. The results were dramatic: 80% of people were now happier, more satisfied with their lives and, perhaps most important of all, luckier.

The lucky people had become even luckier and the unlucky had become lucky.

Finally, I had found the elusive "luck factor" .

Here are Professor Wiseman's four top tips for becoming lucky:

Listen to your gut instincts - they are normally right

Be open to new experiences and breaking your normal routine

Spend a few moments each day remembering things that went well

Visualise yourself being lucky before an important meeting or telephone call. Luck is very often a self-fulfilling prophecy
7/23/07 5:31 AM
surfin joe
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jul-07
ttt for later
7/23/07 5:39 AM
surfin joe
263 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just got the dvd on ebay
7/23/07 6:44 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

^ whats ur thoughts on it SJ?

7/23/07 10:18 PM
surfin joe

I'll give you a holler after I watch it. Hasn't come in the mail yet
7/25/07 12:08 AM
Pain dont hurt
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jul-07
Just watched the first 25 minutes on youtube. And Netflix'd it. I'm a huge believer in creating your own luck, and positive energy. Glad to see it's working for you Odessa. I'll let you know what I think.
7/25/07 3:16 AM
surfin joe

Edited: 25-Jul-07
fuck. they have it on Netflix? I could have just saved myself $20 lol... oh well. I may want a real hard copy of it to keep for myself anyway
7/30/07 11:48 PM
Pain dont hurt
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-07
Yeah, I was surprised to find it on there. Usually those types of vids aren't available on Netflix. Anyway, I watched it and it's some pretty great stuff. The Laws of Attraction have been studied by many great thinkers. I'm convinced that it's real. The Secret is slickly packaged and marketed, but it's enjoyable and basically reinforces the same points over and over. Which is helpful for people like me that need things hammered into their head. The part I'm finding interesting and effective is the visualizations. Imagining that you have the thing you're searching for and experiencing the emotion of attaining it. I've had immidiate responses to this technique and I'm a bit freaked out by it.
7/31/07 6:21 PM
Eddy Payeur
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jul-07
ttt
8/3/07 1:00 AM
Oddessa

Edited: 03-Aug-07
JoeyOddessa.com
The Secret  works.  I'm glad I didnt come off as some self help nutjob here.  I felt pretty strongly about the message it sends and thought anyone that actually took time to look into it would benifit at least a little.
8/3/07 11:04 AM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

lol

thank you sir

8/3/07 4:59 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

I just grabbed what the bleep and create your day ...... both same producers.  Thanks for tip.  Hopefully will see them this sunday after done working.

thanks Art

8/3/07 5:23 PM
Pain dont hurt

I tested the secret by thinking of a girl who I hadn't spoken to in 6 months. I concentated on this (and followed their guidelines) on Thursday & Friday of last week. Monday morning I had an email from her. It kinda freaked me out. Besides that, I've had other successes with it career wise and with overall positivity in just a short span. Learning more about The Law of Attraction has made a lot of past events in my life make sense.
8/3/07 5:24 PM
Pain dont hurt

BTW, 'what the bleep' is on youtube as well.
8/3/07 7:37 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

I tested the secret by thinking of a girl who I hadn't spoken to in 6 months. I concentated on this (and followed their guidelines) on Thursday & Friday of last week. Monday morning I had an email from her. It kinda freaked me out.

had same type exp...

Fukin wierd....guy owed me money, hadnt spoke in 4 months........imaged him calling and paying me on sat & sun and prick called me monday.............errie indeed. Made me a believer out the gate.

8/3/07 8:02 PM
Oddessa

Edited: 03-Aug-07 08:30 PM
JoeyOddessa.com

Secrets  boring, but it drives the points into ur head. i listen to the audio book at night sometimes or while working ion my office.

I also have all the halosync cds, and I have this entire set of CDs....all avail if u looks online....also all these  cds.....  http://www.brainsync.com/atoz.asp    I play them mornings for about an hour or two at weeks start at my office as opposedto the norm elavator music many play. It has subliminal shit in each 30 min sequence and its relaxing and bearable classical type music /tones. The anti-stress, pos thinking, winning , etc ones.

If u think positive good shit happens....  And lose the numbers of any deadbetas, whiners, always in dumps, bad luck, bad kharma mfukers in ur life. 

When u get rid of the hopeless leeches that are around you and look to be with more positive 1/2 full and as opposed to 1/2 empty glass people, you will find your glass will stay full.

8/3/07 11:04 PM
surfin joe

just got the secret in the mail. will watch it tonight or tomorrow and give my thoughts then. also will look into those other cds that joey mentioned. I shitcan misery-loves-company cocksuckers so fast it makes their miserable heads spin. I think that's probly who you're referring to. but I'm always down to help people who are having a rough ride in life. that's when they need your support. will holler at yall tomorrow after I peep it.
8/3/07 11:57 PM
Pain dont hurt

It all comes down to this... "Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're probably right". -Henry Ford
8/4/07 12:27 AM
surfin joe

Edited: 04-Aug-07
Yep. Bob Lawler thought he could

(I'll use any excuse to keep posting that gif everywhere)
8/4/07 2:21 AM
surfin joe

Edited: 04-Aug-07
just watched TS. yeah it was boring, but a very good message.  reminds me of this old music video lol

youtube.com/watch
8/6/07 11:12 PM
F3 Global
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Aug-07
3t's
8/7/07 9:31 PM
Pain dont hurt

Edited: 07-Aug-07
Found this pretty decent Wikipedia type page that lays out the lessons of The Secret simply... Intro to the Secret
8/7/07 11:11 PM
surfin joe

Edited: 07-Aug-07 11:14 PM
check your email bro
8/8/07 8:20 AM
surfin joe

Edited: 08-Aug-07
cool bud.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.