UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Another BA?????

7/25/07 12:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rocklos
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jul-07 12:24 AM

So I have been thinking about going baack to school. To help me a possible career change. but I can't decide really what to do. I have my BA in sociology, but have been working in the mortgage business for the past 3 years. This has sparked in interest with me to be in financial field beyond what i am doing now. I started to think about getting my MBA, but here's the problem with no real business academic background would it be a good idea to jump into an MBA program? Or should I take some pre-reqs then jummp in? what classes should I consider taking to get me ready?Or should consider getting another BA or BS? Thanks
7/25/07 12:51 AM
FiatLux
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jul-07
Find an MBA program that you're interested in and tell them about your professional background. Many graduate programs are open to professional experience (sometimes even require it) as a factor for admissions. Try to figure out if you can do MBA work with the experience you have. If the answer is no, look into taking a few classes first.
7/26/07 5:51 AM
BarkLikeADog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Jul-07
Two degrees at the same level don't do anything for you except potentially get you twice as many interviews. That's a lot of coin for the same pay. Poor investment.
7/27/07 2:29 AM
Jonwell
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jul-07
Unless you're the kind of freak that gets BAs for the love of education. I think I'll probably end up being that freak, but ya as far as employability goes I'd say BLAD is correct.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.