UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Fav Nature/Survival Movies

7/28/07 10:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
killacox
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jul-07

in no order Never Cry Wolf. about a guy studying wolves and eats mice to survive. shows how sweet wolves can be with them showing lots of human characteristics The Edge with Anthony Hopkins. lost in woods after planecrash the survivors end up hunted by a bear The Snow Walker. pilot and Inuit girl crash and survive snowy wasteland part of canada. inuit girl shows tons of survivor skills she learned from her culture like making furs, fires, advanced shelters and fishing.
8/17/07 11:38 PM
smileythai

Edited: 17-Aug-07

The Wilderness Family saga= A family grows tired of city life, so they head out into the wilderness to live as hippy-woodsmen. Kinda cheesy, but basically my all time favorite movies as a kid.

My Side of the Mountain= A 60's movie about a Canadian kid who wants to be like Thoreau, so he decides to run away from home for a year, to see if he can make it alone. He's also fairly scientific, so he conducts all sorts of experiments while he's out there, growing algae and what not. VERY cheesy, but it had beautiful scenery, a fair bit of bushcraft, and the music score wasn't half bad...especially the songs by Theodore Bikel which were written for the movie.

9/13/07 1:24 PM
Fool of Wisdom

Edited: 13-Sep-07
When I was a kid, had to be First Blood. John Rambo was such a badass....My dad took me to a knife and gun show and got me one those survival knifes. Which of course convinced me that I was a badass too...LOL.
10/17/07 12:30 PM
GaydarBlane

Edited: 17-Oct-07
1) Touching the Void: This is easily a must watch for anybody into mountaineering and/or survival stories and it is a real story. Awesome documentary. I heard the book was very good as well. 2) Into Thin Air: Though not the movie, I must mention this book. Another good book. 3) The Edge (as already mentioned) 4) I'm sure Into the Wild will be a good flick. The book was pretty good.
10/24/07 12:53 PM
voltaire64

Edited: 24-Oct-07
It would have to be "The Edge" and "Into the Wild".
1/12/13 4:30 PM
New2MMA
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voltaire64 - It would have to be "The Edge" and "Into the Wild".

This
7/24/14 6:12 PM
Crabjitsu

Just recently saw Sanctum (not sure if it qualifies) based on a true story about a team that gets trapped in an underwater cave in Papua New Guinea. All they have is their scuba gear and they have to find a way out of the tunnel system. Fictionalized for the movie version I'm sure, but still it's pretty intense.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.