UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Stelly wins in Louisiana

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

7/30/07 11:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SFC Matt Larsen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-07

SSG Damien Stelly won a crushing victory in Grande Isle Louisiana this weekend, 35 seconds to the rear naked choke. Nate Ford's opponent Jimmy Stout from Oklahoma chickened out back stage after seeing Nate. Keith Bach's opponent chikened out after entering the ring, so Keith won the Tarpon Rodeo Light weight championship by stare down.
7/30/07 12:18 PM
rafie

ALCON Cool Guys ! PS Matt Are we going to ecuador or you scared ? LOL Love rafie
7/30/07 1:05 PM
PimpSmack

Great Job, guys....I'm not saying it couldn't happen........Matt, are you serious?

c

7/30/07 8:11 PM
Combat MMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
Congrats to Stelly! I just got word from Tim Kennedy that he WILL be competing in the 2007 All-Army Event. He will be competing at 185. Any chance Stelly will be doing the same? It would make for a great re-match.
7/30/07 9:10 PM
Spc Lee Lohff
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-07 09:14 PM
Seems difficult to get you guys fights. At any rate, congrats to Damien and Keith. Hope Nate gets one soon. Quiero ir al Ecuador tambien Rafie. Necesitas tener un gringo contigo. Siempre.
7/30/07 10:01 PM
rafie

Lee Que paso? Espero que se de lo de Ecuador ? Besos rafie
7/30/07 11:08 PM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bach will have to show me that technique
7/31/07 1:23 AM
alheymann

Edited: 31-Jul-07
great job! See you guys in Oct...if the State pays for Level IV. Otherwise, see you in Jan.
7/31/07 7:08 AM
DJ Singley

Edited: 31-Jul-07
Awesom Job! Stelly's just an animal...
8/4/07 5:24 PM
Combat MMA

Edited: 04-Aug-07
Fort Bragg Combat MMA
ttt for All-Army this year?
8/4/07 10:45 PM
JSMHP
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Aug-07
Great Job Stelly Too bad for Keith and Nate... but they are pretty scary!!! Man can each team get an IFL vet????
8/5/07 2:46 PM
Jay-dog

Edited: 05-Aug-07
I think it would be cool if the Army could have an IFL team.I think it would be worth the money expended and probably even a good recruiting tool.
8/6/07 1:08 AM
Combat MMA

Edited: 06-Aug-07
Fort Bragg Combat MMA
I don't think the IFL is going to happen too soon, but I had heard that MAC was at least on the table for consideration for the WCAP (World Class Athlete Program), but funding has been pushed back because of the war. Who knows what the future could hold?
8/6/07 9:36 PM
JSMHP
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't mean it like that. I agree an all army IFL team would be awesome. I meant if Kennedy is fighting Ft. Riley needs an IFL vet. Does anyone know if Randy Couture is interested in a career in 270th armor?
8/6/07 11:04 PM
JasonKeaton

Kenneday is such a badd ass!
8/7/07 12:32 AM
JSMHP

Edited: 07-Aug-07
Jeff our opponents would flee the gym in terror if that song were playing!! I would love to see a pro division eventually where the pro could still win points for their team but only have to fight one mma or something like that
8/7/07 12:37 AM
Combat MMA

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
JSMHP, Ft. Riley is still around? That is awesome, I thought the post got shut down or something. If you guys need any additional training, we are going to get to benning the Monday before the event, and will be more than happy to give the Riley Team some pointers...:)
8/7/07 12:42 AM
Combat MMA

Fort Bragg Combat MMA
Also, I would have to disagree with the "Pro" division. Tim and Damien are still soldiers first, and I would hate to see them not able to compete like every other soldier just because they have put in hard work training. IMO, a seperate Division, or seperate rules for special fighters would send a wrong message. I think the Level of Competition will be very high this year, but I also think this year will truely seperate the Units that are getting the training and the Units that are not. I think there will be 5 or 6 teams with 80% of the points, so in a way, the winners bracket will become the "Pro" Division. So, who will those 5 or 6 team be? Should be interesting.
8/7/07 7:36 PM
JSMHP

"Ft. Riley is still around? That is awesome, I thought the post got shut down or something." LOL much the determent of the team point standings we are still around. "If you guys need any additional training, we are going to get to benning the Monday before the event, and will be more than happy to give the Riley Team some pointers...:)" You would think with the 82nd finishing behind Ft. Riley last year would have you guys asking us for help. "Also, I would have to disagree with the "Pro" division. Tim and Damien are still soldiers first, and I would hate to see them not able to compete like every other soldier just because they have put in hard work training." I would never would suggest to punish their success actually quite the opposite. They are great fighters and deserve their own division. "IMO, a seperate Division, or seperate rules for special fighters would send a wrong message." I believe quite the opposite a soldier with a year of combatives training can look at stelly or kennedy feel inspired and know that with hard work in 10 years they could have that skill set. In closing best of luck Combine 82nd/JFKSWC/Camp Lejeune/Seal Team 2/New Hampshire National Guard/X-men team...LOL
8/7/07 8:40 PM
Combat MMA

Fort Bragg Combat MMA

"You would think with the 82nd finishing behind Ft. Riley last year would have you guys asking us for help."

Lol, Tu Shea. I cannot argue with you there.

You do of course that this year the "Fort Riley Rule" has been put into place? Gone are the days of fighters loosing in the winners bracket only to rack up a bunch of submissions in the losers bracket...

8/7/07 10:34 PM
JSMHP

MORE LIKE FORT RILEY RULES!!!!! As I remember the "Fort Riley" rule helped any and everyone last year but I am glad they are changing it because we could have used the extra points from both of our 1st place champions last year.
8/13/07 7:16 PM
SFC Matt Larsen

Edited: 13-Aug-07
There is a nasty rumor floating around that some unit wants to combine their Division and/or school team with COSCOM and some other such units. Has any body heard who that might be? Matt

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.