UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Concord Tournament

7/30/07 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HighPoint
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-07

The event in Concord went real well this past Saturday. 

Mr. Hurst put on a good tournament; excellent refs, great competitors, etc.  My only recommendation is to use some of the profits to buy an AC unit :)  Really - we enjoyed oursevles and glad you allowed our team to compete.

Mr. Steve Hall - it was great to finally meet you in person.  I look forward to seeing you at other events and speaking with you soon.

Team LDMA - Awesome job!!!!  Most of our guys had only a few months expierence and put on quite a show.  Our juniors really impressed me with their efforts.  Overall, it was the best performance from each individual we have ever seen.  There were tough competitors (especially white belts) and our new guys really stepped-up to the plate.  We also want to thank the guys from the Greensboro Judo Club and AC Fitness for joining and helping our team at this event.  We hope to do more things with you guys in the future.

Some props for individuals (more to be presented as I remember them - getting old):

Troy - Great positional control; his first match was 20-0 before submitting.  Also, he stepped up to compete against teenagers 2-3 years older and MUCH more expierenced.  He only lost to one of the four guys in that division; beat all others.  Because he stepped up and was doing well - we just ignored his regular division.

Deven - First competition and worked hard - best movement he has ever done.  Thanks goes to Connor and Wilson for pushing him extra hard in class.  Also, thanks to Mike "Bad Karma" for working with him after class.

Victor - had the throw & takedown of the weekend.  The one throw was worth everthing to attend.

Kong - two - 1st place medals; all being sick.  Physically you were not at your best and glad to see you hae the heart to push yourself.  Your technical skills have drastically improved over the past 8-months.

**Please help me by posting some other highlights**

7/30/07 1:40 PM
CavemanDave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SWEET

Glad it went well... I didn't get to be there :(

7/30/07 3:31 PM
hooahfighter

Congrats guys!!
7/30/07 4:22 PM
too hotty

Good job guys! Next time I'm going to compete, isn't that right Mr. Snyder and Doc!!!!!
7/30/07 4:24 PM
HighPoint

YES, Scotty - we plan on having you compete in the next event.  You just have to stay off the injured-reserve until then.

Kat - create a thread and tell us about your training last weekend.

7/30/07 5:46 PM
KongDaJuJitsuGuy

Thanx a ton. i felt better later in the day, hence the better performance. but man i felt trashed my first two matches. Nothing like not havin any power to rely on.
7/30/07 10:37 PM
JDHurst

I enjoyed meeting all the people.. My Academy doesn't have A/C yet but it will be nice ;-) That was the first time we put an event there. We looked today at two different Idea's for the JJ Cup -Bud Cup for Jan. its going to be nice... We will continue to make our events better and running as smooth as possible. I am really glad all that I have heard, people enjoyed it. See you at the next one. Respectfully, Joe Hurst
7/31/07 3:27 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 31-Jul-07
Keep us informed on the next event - we'll be there. 
7/31/07 9:33 PM
JDHurst

Edited: 31-Jul-07
will do. take care and see you soon. Joe
8/1/07 1:07 PM
JDHurst

Edited: 01-Aug-07
All results will soon be on www.grapplingclassic.com and www.globalgrappling.com
8/2/07 12:24 AM
vic06

Edited: 02-Aug-07
man, it was my first time competing and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks to everyone that helped me get ready for it. Also thanks to judo Norm for helping me with those throws.
8/2/07 1:11 AM
JDHurst

Edited: 02-Aug-07
Glad you had a good time,, in all seriousness you will need to see the Bud Cup it is an awsome event. Take care and see you soon. Joe

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.