UnderGround Forums

North Carolina Underground >> Little Rock Training

7/30/07 9:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hooahfighter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jul-07

So as y'all know, this past weekend Mrs. Snyder and I traveled out to Little Rock to train at Mr. Dring's school. Sadly, he was in FL for most of the weekend at a meeting, so we only trained with him on Saturday (and she did on Sunday, but I flew back Sunday). Most of the training we did was with Mr. Dring's other female fighters getting ready for IKF in a couple of weeks. Thursday night- kickboxing class w/ Jessie (the bodyrocka). We did circuit conditioning for an hour or so, consisting of agilities, abs, combos w/ Thai pads, hitting the heavy bag, elevated pushups, step ups, etc. Then a few rounds of burnouts at the end of class for the ladies. :) They consisted of fast feet, sprawls, shuffle w/ a quick direction change, tuck jumps, etc. Friday morning- ran bleachers at a local HS for about an hour, then did a couple of windsprints. Friday noon- noon BJJ class taught by Paulo (Mr. Dring's black belt he brought in from Brazil)and Jory for about 2 hours. We learned a variation on I think it was the stupid sweep. And some other stuff that has since escaped me. Friday night- more BJJ. Jory and Abby brought a couple of their students down to train with us, so that was cool. We both pretty much got tooled all night by much more experienced grapplers, but it was definately a learning experience. Abby and a couple other people both caught onto things in my game that were getting me in trouble, so now I can work on those. Saturday morning- conditioning/GPP for about an hour and a half. Jump rope. Jumping jacks, iron crosses, pushups, abs, mountain climbers. Then a circuit of a bunch of different kickboxing geared stuff that escapes me now. Saturday afternoon- the long awaited arrival of Mr. Dring. Since everyone else there (just females)was getting ready to fight at IKF in a few weeks, everything was kickboxing based. And as y'all know, I'm not yet a stand up fighter, so I just played along and tried to keep up. Jump roped for what seemed like hours. Did some GPP. Did leg kicks. Worked on switch feet, then added a jab into that. Then everyone else sparred and I just hit the heavy bag and did some GPP stuff so I wouldn't make a total fool of myself. Then we put our sneakers on and drove out to Pinnacle Mountain. We ran/walked quickly around the base trail to the back (hard side) of the mountain, then climbed up. It was a fairly easy climb til you hit the last few hundred feet. Then it's all boulders and you're rock climbing to the top. It was so worth it, though. The view from the top was absolutely beautiful, especially at sunset. Then back down the mountain, barely making it before darkness completely settled in. Then I got up at the ass crack of dawn yesterday and flew home. And I'm still tired. :)
7/31/07 1:13 PM
HighPoint

Edited: 31-Jul-07
Glad you enjoyed yourself.....maybe Lagatisha will go with you guys next time.
7/31/07 2:12 PM
hooahfighter

Edited: 31-Jul-07
that'd be great!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.