UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> FIRST round in the 70s!

8/3/07 3:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HillaryLRHC
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-07

I've been playing golf twice a year since I was about 8, but never got into it. Liked my driver and did long drive stuff the past 2 years, and finally decided to really practice my short game this year. Well, today I did it. At Chenal Country Club in Arkansas, I shot a legit 76. It's a hard course too. Hell yes. I'm so ecstatic. I hugged everyone around, even people I didn't know. End brag.
8/3/07 7:19 PM
Animal Chin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Aug-07

very nice. 

practicing your short game is free so you should do it all the time.

8/7/07 9:40 AM
Animal Chin
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Aug-07

"Play with old guys at any private course and you'll quickly realize that when it comes to scoring, your long game has little to do with it."

but hitting into the green with a 9 is much better than a 5.

hillary, which course was it?

8/7/07 10:08 AM
Animal Chin

sure, but to say that long game has little to do with scoring is wrong.  getting off the tee is pretty important.  

tiger would probably say that hitting wedges into par 4's for tap in birdies and reaching 5's in two has a lot to do with him winnng also and he's not even the longest hitter out there.  we only see his short game when he's missing greens and that doesn't happen often because of his long game.

8/7/07 10:26 AM
Animal Chin

lots of guys on tour can.  mainly because they're not that far from the green and just off the fairway.

look, long game is just as important.  if you miss a green, that's when your short game comes into play. 

which would you rather have, the ability to hit it long down the fairway and have a scoring iron in your hand or hit 5 fairways and rely on your short game because you're missing greens and fairways?  i know your hero's answer, what's yours?

8/7/07 10:42 AM
Animal Chin

"Okay, you're taking it to the point of ridiculousness.

Obviously you can't spray it all over the place and score well."

where did i say that?  i said something about tour players just missing fairways and still not that far from the green due to their long game. 

"But you're assuming that every fairway hit will mean you hit the green and that even if you're in the rough, as long as you have a short iron or wedge, you'll also hit the green."

i never said anything like that, i said it's better to have a short iron in than a long iron.

"If I could have ANY skill in golf it would be the ability to get anything from 100 in down in 2."

EXACTLY!  how did you get to 100 in, with your short game? 

8/7/07 11:02 AM
Animal Chin

"Again, you assume that every short iron/wedge into a green will be a kick in."

Again, i never said that.  i said it's better to have a short iron in than a long iron.  that's the third time i've said it.

8/7/07 11:11 AM
Animal Chin

i agree.  look at my first post on this thread.  you said that long game has little to do with scoring, that's wrong.  long game puts you in a position to use your short game to score.

"That's a pretty fucking random statement. OF COURSE IT'S BETTER TO HIT A SHORTER CLUB."

if that's such a random statement why did you try to put words in my mouth after the first two times i said it?   you could have agreed with me after my second post and we wouldn't be here.

i'm still your caddie. 

8/8/07 1:30 PM
MIKEBROOKS
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Aug-07
OK what the fuck just happend here... are you really his caddie?..lol Brooks
8/8/07 1:40 PM
Animal Chin

yes i am.  you want a game?
8/8/07 4:29 PM
MIKEBROOKS

Hell no.... haha I am up in Canada struggling with my game yet another short golf season. Brooks
8/8/07 6:00 PM
Animal Chin

wise move.  we'd wear you out.
8/10/07 10:55 AM
MIKEBROOKS

Edited: 10-Aug-07
BigKiller, I live downtown T.O. Not a member of Club Link but my buddy works at Emerald Hills in Uxbridge. I think that track is a Club Link course.... you play there? Brooks
8/10/07 11:19 AM
MIKEBROOKS

So your gonna put a ass whoopin on a mid level handicapper? The most inconsistant golfer in Ontario.... Use me as a confidence builder? My golf game needs a hug... needs a Swing Dr.! Brooks
8/10/07 11:34 AM
MIKEBROOKS

Damn thats a lot of discs! You working for Club Link?
8/10/07 11:41 AM
MIKEBROOKS

I hear you there, I was a 10 a few years back... but that's hard to believe buy the game I am showin these days! Makes me sick some days how bad I have been playing! Few good holes then a noticeably bad hole followed by a few more shitty displays and so on! Brooks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.