UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> striking / grappling

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/10/07 6:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spc36
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Aug-07

Under the stress of a violent street assault, what does the body most naturally want to do, strike or grab? I figure that the extreme levels of stress involved in a real assault will make us more primal, so is wich is more primal? Thanks, Shane
8/10/07 7:04 PM
cuzz63
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Aug-07
Personally I think it depends on the people involved, I have witnessed my share of fights and have seen both. Whats funny is when you see 2 high level TMA guys throw 1 or 2 shots then rolling around on the floor clueless.
9/14/07 12:31 AM
HEMAN
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Sep-07
From a distance...I see the haymaker being thrown...immediately follow by a clinch of some sort...
9/24/07 8:24 PM
P
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Sep-07
Shane, What is the scenario? What is/who is most Primal depends on that. Tony created the A-SAP Model to help explain the "Why's" of the protective response, and the Emotional Motion Drill to explain the primal response when initiating. It always comes back to human behavior: What your body wants to do without any training. Build tactical responses around that and your response 'time' improves exponentially. As will your understanding of the 'why' of any primal movement. Check out Rage Attacks for some great examples of what happens when sh-t hits the fan. Hope that helps, Phil Hughes

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.