UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> International Edition Textbooks?

8/11/07 12:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Aug-07

Just curious to know if anyone has purchased any international edition books in the past. I was looking at a few different booksellers online and see that the international editions come close to being more than half the price of the U.S. version, with the only known difference being that they're paperback. It sounds like a good deal, because I'd be looking at saving close to $300, but I did have a few concerns about page layouts and things of that nature, though. Anyone have any opinions?
8/14/07 5:12 PM
mallard
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-07
I did the same for my Gen Chem 2 class and it was great. The only problem was that the pages were a little offset due to the size of the book being different. All in al you get the same text, just in a different format. I think I saved close to $80 on the one book. The best way to know of it will work is to buy one from an ex-student in the class.
8/17/07 9:03 PM
bjung
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-07
i bought intl edition for my econ class, saved a bunch, the lay out was the same
8/18/07 11:14 AM
Revolver of Reason
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Aug-07
they are great.
8/19/07 6:09 PM
Liyon
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Aug-07
I have used several international editions in the past. Another thing to be wary of, though it can be corrected pretty easily, is the problems at the back of the chapter may be out of order. Though in my experience it's not a huge discrepancy. For example #4 in the domestic edition may be #7 in the international edition. It's not going to be #17 or anything like that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.