UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Your view of your teams 1st game

8/13/07 9:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Aug-07

For me, WH were a HUGE let down. There was a lot of excitement leading into the game, the commentators said the stadium had been packed for hours leading up to the game, amazing atmosphere etc etc, then that.

Front to back, Manager included, we were very poor.

City looked sharper, faster and more inventive.

Curbs made some good substitutions at half time, and then basically un-did his good work by changing players around in order to get Ashton on as a third striker. No idea what he was thinking.

The two  things I took away from this game were this. We'll miss Yossi and Tevez even more than I thought, and we need to buy some "skill" players.

8/13/07 9:46 AM
grizz632
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the performance. AJ was his usual pesky self and, though he didnt get on the scoresheet, he did a nice job setting up Anichebe's goal. I think Anichebe is going to surprise some people this season, though they still need another signing up front. Mikel Arteta made Wigan look foolish more times than I could count and had an outstanding game. The back four had a decent showing also, but should be even better once Baines gets back and Lescott is able to move to centerback. They can't give up soft goals like Wigan got late in the game, however. I would have liked to see Jagielka in the lineup at some point, but hopefully he'll get his shot against Tottenham on Tuesday.
8/13/07 11:08 AM
Shotgun Mick

Newcastle - First half we looked like we were going to tonk them 5 or 6, very impressed. Second half we did the usual of letting them back into it a bit but the win was never in doubt. Bolton were awful though, that surprised me.
8/13/07 1:59 PM
kabukikidd

I was pretty disappointed when I read the match reviews for the West Ham game. From what I read the team seemed uninterested and creativity was nonexistant. When Matty Etherington is hailed as one of the best players on the pitch by the support, then you know something is wrong.
8/13/07 2:01 PM
Govnor

Funny....Etherington WAS the best player on the pitch until Curbs moved him to left back
8/13/07 2:21 PM
Yougottawanna

Fulham made a game of it against arsenal. Even if you take out the goal at the beginning, we still had our chances. Zat Knight looked good, Tony Warner looked great, but if not for a good game by Warner the score would have been like 4-1.
8/13/07 2:34 PM
Mozzer

Bradford: 1-1 draw with Macclesfield at home. Disappointed with the result, but we have a very new team who are still getting used to one another; some of the players signed a couple of days before Saturday. We performed very well in the first half and showed some excellent movement. New left winger - Alex Rhodes - looked quality. As did the on-loan forward with the quality name (Ndungu-nsungu). Looking for us to get better and better - touch wood. Plus we had an attendance of 13,400 - biggest in our division by a mile, and bigger than any game in League 1, aside from Nottingham Forest. Good atmosphere; all down to the chairman and our 12,019 season ticket holders. Bring on Wolves on Wednesday. Incidentally, I am doing every single Bradford City game this season; league and cup.
8/13/07 5:29 PM
Mozzer

It's my hometown; I have no choice in the matter!
8/13/07 7:02 PM
Govnor

Well then LOG, I look forward to enjoying your Posts about Division 1 (the Prem) from this day forward!
8/13/07 10:24 PM
invalid
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ndungu-nsungu just became my favorite player ever lol
8/14/07 8:04 AM
Mozzer

Edited: 14-Aug-07
It's a big tricky to fit into chants!
8/14/07 8:10 AM
GunFighter

Gooners - As you were ala 2006-7......
8/14/07 10:09 AM
Govnor

Hey at least it keeps it interesting!!

The Arse's slip to middle table mediocracy won't be very high on entertainment value IMO.
8/14/07 2:27 PM
Fernando

Arsenal looked just like they did last year, tons of shots and no finishing! Im hoping things change in the next two weeks and that either Van Persie or Eduardo start scoring! Im also tired of them trying to get the perfect goal, have one outside the 18! Fuck! WH didnt look very tight, Curbs is a good mgr though, it will come around! LOL @ Tottenham! Pool's offense looked great but the defense was horrid, WTF is wrong with Finnan and Carragher? Babel is the real deal and Pool is gotta win the quadruple this year after spending 100 mil!
8/15/07 8:36 AM
Lymie
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Aug-07
Very happy - To hold Pompy 2-2 is a good result for Derby. I think that Pompy could turn over a lot of the top teams on thier day, and Derby out worked them, and at times out played them. We do however need a good fast (fox in the box but not Frannie) goal mouth poacher to play of Steve Howard. I cant wait for Giles Barnes to open up a can of Ronaldo esque whip ass on full backs. Man City will be a good test tonight....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.