UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Restless leg syndrome

8/13/07 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Aug-07 05:21 PM

A little while ago, I ran sprints really hard. When I got home, I layed down in bed, however, felt an uneasy restless feeling in my legs. It felt like my legs wouldn't "shut off". To draw an analogy, my legs felt like a car that was in park, but the motor was left running. I felt like I had to constantly shift the position of my legs as it felt uncomfortable to hold still. Since the feeling did not go away after lay in bed for a while, I did 3 MBF posture therapy exercises. When I stood up, the restless feeling was gone. The only other times I have experienced something like this was when sitting on an airplane for a long time. It happened on a long flight from the US to Taiwan and another long flight from the US to Europe. I would get the restless feeling in my hips and I felt like I had to shift positions constantly. This really prevented me from sleeping on the plane. But I did 2 MBF posture therapy exercises and the feeling disappeared. I never knew what this feeling was. When I tried to describe it to many of my friends, they had no idea what I was talking about. I didn't know that my MBF exercises would help the situation, but I just felt there was something wrong with my muscles, so I did the exercises to see if it would help. So I was watching TV the other day and I saw an advertisement for a drug for "restless leg syndrome". That's when I realized that was what I felt. But what amazed me was that people were going to take drugs for this problem when all I needed to do was 2 - 3 simple exercises.
8/13/07 10:08 PM
cincibill

Edited: 13-Aug-07
Sometimes after heavy weightlifting I would get this feeling in almost my entire body. Its a lousy feeling to sit or lay around and flop like a fish out of water.
8/17/07 1:53 AM
Spuds Buckley
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Aug-07
I get this from time to time also, which exercises did you do for it?
8/17/07 2:01 AM
Bolo

Edited: 17-Aug-07
I'll e-mail you since I know your posture.
9/6/07 2:45 PM
Ted Bennett
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Sep-07

But what amazed me was that people were going to take drugs for this problem when all I needed to do was 2 - 3 simple exercises.

You just described a stunningly high percentage of modern general medicine as well as outpatient psychiatry :-(

I'll stop myself before my cynicism overwhelms this thread....

9/7/07 12:38 PM
Bolo

Edited: 07-Sep-07
I had a good talk with one of my students who is an MD and asked him about a scenario..... If an MD prescribes a drug for a condition and the patients chooses not take the drug, the patient cannot sue the MD if anything negatives happens. Now lets say that patient has a condition that can absolutely be cured by diet and exercise, but a drug also exists to deal with that situation. Can the MD prescribe diet and exercise and refuse to give the drug? If the patient then chooses not to do the prescribed diet and exercises and something negative happens, can the patient sue the MD for not giving the drug? So here's the answer. Yes, the patient can sue the MD in such a situation. Even though it may be an absolute medical fact that diet and exercise can cure the condition, in a court of law, it is considered standard medical treatment to deal with all conditions with drugs or surgery. Therefore, an MD is liable if he/she does not deal with a situation with the establish standard of drugs and/or surgery.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.