UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Quotes of the Week (from the bbc)

8/14/07 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Govnor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Aug-07

"I told her I had a match but she wasn't having any of it."
Sir Alex Ferguson reveals who really owns the hair-dryer in his household after wife Cathy told him he would be missing a friendly to help her move house.

"I am a Championship manager but you mustn't treat it like the actual computer game, 'Championship Manager'."
Bristol City boss Gary Johnson after the 2-2 draw with QPR in, you guessed it, the Championship.

"If I was to declare an interest in this job the Tartan Army would string me up."
Scotland boss Alex McLeish on why he won't be vacating his job any time soon, despite a recent approach from a Premier League club.

"You don't like Batesy and you don't particularly like me, but at the end of the day...you've got us."
Dennis Wise tells Leeds fans how it is.

"I will probably get a lot of sticks again this season."
Manchester City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson twigs what's going on.

"Jens changed his mind but wasn't quick enough to respond to his brain."
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger on the howler by keeper Jens Lehmann that allowed David Healy to fire Fulham in front at the Emirates.

"I was excited and it takes a lot to get me excited...ask my wife!"
Roy Keane is so excited - and he just can't hide it after Sunderland's opening day win over Spurs.

Roy Keane during Spurs game
Keano just couldn't stop smiling

"I'm very happy inside but what do you want me to do? Jump on the table? Strip?"
Well he's smiling on the inside anyway.

"All the manager said was 'Well done and I will see you at 10am for training'."
Goal hero Michael Chopra confirms Roy's elated state of mind.

"I'll celebrate with a green tea and a chocolate biscuit."
At least Keano will be partying in the wild manner of old.

"Entertaining? Too much!"
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho after the roller-coaster 3-2 win over Birmingham.

"Don't turn your back on the wall. Get hit in the b*******, get hit in the nose, get hit in the gob, knock your f****** crowns out. I'm not bothered what you do but do not take it on the a*** and let it spin into the top corner of the goal, which is what happened."
Wolves manager Mick McCarthy takes Watford's late free kick equaliser well. And don't get him started on their last-minute winner.

"What was wrong with us? Apart from the fact that we couldn't defend properly and we couldn't attack properly..."
Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd was delighted to come away from Molineux with three points.

"He's a crafty old devil."
Sam Allardyce after Sir Alex Ferguson tipped Newcastle to finish in the top four this season.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"> </script> <script src="http://secure-uk.imrworldwide.com/v51.js" type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"></script>
8/14/07 12:04 PM
stinkman

"He's a crafty old devil." Sam Allardyce after Sir Alex Ferguson tipped Newcastle to finish in the top four this season. ...that he is!
8/14/07 12:45 PM
grizz632
518 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I was excited and it takes a lot to get me excited...ask my wife!" Sounds like Keano is going to be fun this season
8/14/07 1:02 PM
Govnor

well...you get the general impression that Keano isn't exactly like other blokes....or maybe that's just what I see.
8/15/07 8:05 AM
GunFighter

Edited: 15-Aug-07
Good stuff - looking forward to more of the same as the season goes on.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.