UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Where to start

10/31/02 2:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Saint2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Oct-02

Hi all, I should receive my High Gear any time and have been trying to figure out where I should start. I have about 30 of Tony's videos, but no personal training with him or any PDR coaches. Should I start right off with BMF / Panic Attack drills, or ??? Any advise is appreciated. Thanks, GeneT
10/31/02 8:17 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 31-Oct-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Gene, Give us more info onyour experience, ablity, who who can train with etc. Also, consider getting to a PDR coach near you if possble just to learn some HIGH GEAR basics...and remember, there's a safety video on its use and function, be sur eyou study it before suiting up...its impact reduction gear not impact stopping gear, we disgned it to tranfer pain! Train safe, TOny
11/4/02 10:37 AM
Saint2

Edited: 04-Nov-02 10:38 AM
I used to train with a group of friends in the military - our techniques were sound and simple but our approach to training was more sparring than fighting. My present training partner has had a few years of boxing but no other fighting experience. Both of us are in good shape. (That's experience and TP in a nutshell, I'm not sure how I describe ability.) I checked with the office a while back and there were not yet any PDR instructors in my area (NW Oregon), I would gladly attend classes or seminars available near me. You can bet my TP and I will review the safety video - but pain transfer is why I picked HG! (Among other reasons.) Thanks, Gene T.
11/4/02 7:05 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 04-Nov-02
Thanks Gene, IN your video library, do you have any of the PANIC ATTACK videos or the new BMF videos? Those would be crucial in helping you design some intelligent force-on-force drills. Tony
11/4/02 9:25 PM
Saint2

Edited: 04-Nov-02
Hi Tony, Thanks for your responses. I have the Force-on-Force, SPEAR and BYOB packages plus and some other 'loose' tapes. There are hundreds of great drills and variations on drills and that is perhaps the genesis of my question, is there a 'best' place or manner in which to begin? Thanks again, Gene T.
11/6/02 7:05 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 06-Nov-02
Nope...just start....try to keep your training goal oriented so you can end it and reflect, analzye, assess, modify...thats all. I fyou have RAGE ATTACKS, thats a great one to help refine pre-contact cues and jamming the attack....just pick any drill - define the parameters and remeber above all else: Be a GOod Bad Guy....this isnt sparring. Thats what the tapes are about....drills that create realistic synthetic experience. TOny
11/8/02 10:02 PM
Saint2

Edited: 08-Nov-02
Thanks Tony! Got my trainers agreement today, that answered some questions as well. Can't wait to get the gear! Thanks again, Gene T.
11/22/02 12:57 AM
Saint2

Edited: 22-Nov-02
Got my gear today, and the HG safety and applications video. The 10-step protocol was *exactly* what I was looking for. (Apparently I just didn't know what to ask.) Looking forward to Tues. when I get to try it all out. Thanks!! GsT
11/22/02 11:04 AM
Tony Blauer

Sweet! Send us some pics!!! Train safe. TOny
11/22/02 11:34 AM
P

Gene, Bless you for WATCHING the video and READING the training manual! We take the safety and understanding of High Gear VERY seriously and it's nice to know that you do to! For those of you who don't own High Gear; instead of just printing 'user assumes all risk of injury' on all the gear Tony wrote a comprehensive manual that covers everything from suiting up to cleaning and storing after use. Last year the video version of the manual was shot and now is included with every purchase of equipment. If you ever have any questions about how to best use the suit in your training feel free to drop me an e-mail. phil@tonyblauer.com

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.