UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Training at FT Campbell??

9/1/07 9:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMABORIQUA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Sep-07

hey I am a level III currently on orders to go to Campbell. And one of the most important things I need to find out about my new duty station is where I am going to train. Any one that has info on where a good MMA/BJJ school is around that area would help. Also how is training on post. I am going to try and spread the program around the post if it is not allready. And last but not least who trains on post and what are you POC so when I get there and can start training ASAP. thanks for the help SGT Marcano "Train Hard, Fight Harder"
9/2/07 1:57 AM
MMABORIQUA

Edited: 02-Sep-07
I dont know I am stationed in korea right now. I will be at Campbell in Nov.
9/2/07 7:46 PM
Combat MMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Sep-07 09:41 PM
Fort Bragg Combat MMA

Actually, Fort Campbell is no longer teaching any Modern Army Combatives anymore. John said something about low GT scores and no one wanted to take off their shoes or something. I am not sure of the specifics.

I think most of the funding has been dedicated to climbing the ropes and such.

9/5/07 9:30 AM
DaveBarron

Edited: 05-Sep-07
Jeff, Nice troll... Gentlemen, Ft. Campbell has adequate Level III and IV trainers to provide unit training. Additional high end training exists on and off post in the area. For instance, Mr. Renken's gym (Clarksville Mixed Martial Arts) is up and running and several Soldier's in the area recieve additional instruction there. Dave
9/5/07 3:02 PM
Combat MMA
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fort Bragg Combat MMA

Lol, I was just messing around JR.:)

Like Dave said, Ft Campbell has a very good program, one of the better programs in the Army from what I hear. John is a top level instructor as well as one of the truely good guys out there promoting the MAC program.

Jeff

9/5/07 10:00 PM
JasonKeaton

Is it true they have an MMA league at Ft. Campbell?
9/6/07 8:18 AM
MMABORIQUA

Edited: 06-Sep-07
I want to thank the guys that posted the info. I will look into mr Renken's gym. Also I am gald that the program is up and running at ft campbell. thanks again for the help Marcano
10/14/07 11:24 PM
TEAM_HAVOK

Edited: 14-Oct-07
Gentlemen, we are still in Clarksville! As far as your joke goes...I thought it was good as well :). Here is where we are at...quite a few deployed but we have a 3rd Degree Black Belt that has won the worlds 3x's, an Olympic Judo Coach, a full time boxing coach, and then myself. We have a full crossfit area, boxing ring (24x24) and over 3000 sf of matted area. Come down and check us out THE SAINT
10/14/07 11:31 PM
rafie

Edited: 14-Oct-07 11:47 PM
To All I just got the pleasure to go to the ALL Army and meet John Renken, Jason Keaton, Jeff Yurk and others fighters that I put a face to a MMA.TV Scren name, lol... We have great time in the All Army PS Jeff Yurk, I did not know 82nd still doing heavy drops wao you look skinny on my space lol.. Any way brother congratulations in winning the all army, 82nd was my 1st duty station and I was there for 6 1/2 yrs love rafie. One day if you do not mind i will visit you to get some roll with your guys. I ll not have a knee surgery excuse, lol Love Rafie
10/15/07 9:12 PM
JasonKeaton

Edited: 15-Oct-07
TTT for the Rev!!
10/15/07 11:00 PM
TEAM_HAVOK

Edited: 15-Oct-07
Rafie you are more than welcome to come roll anytime. Jason thanks for the time your guys did great and I was very impressed with their level...YOU ARE A STAND UP GUY DOING A GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!! THE SAINT
10/15/07 11:45 PM
rafie

Edited: 17-Oct-07 12:56 AM
Saint I will be more than Glad to go. I am in Fort Gordon, GA. I will set up a 4 day to go. MMA Boriqua is my boy. We trained together in Korea. He is veru hungry to learn. PS This is my email for any good special training coming overthere senseirafie@yahoo.com Rafie

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.